Looking for a success/online fitness partner for PiYO!

Options
I started PiYO on Monday and have been loving it, but I would also LOVE an accountability partner to connect with that's also doing the program so we can message each other, post how we're going, and keep each other on track for the next 60 days!
I don't want to join a challenge group that involves Shakeology, I don't believe in the product honestly and I find it actually caused worse digestion for me if possible. SO if someone is running a Shakeology-free challenge, then I would love to join.
If not, I'd love some accountability partners!

Comment below and let's connect! :)
Let's do PiYO together!

Replies

• klmab9
    klmab9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for my PiYO to arrive! Should be here this week.. I would love to connect once I get started on it!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm purchasing my PiYo system tonight and also plan to do this without Shakeology! I have my own Whey Protein that I buy from Whole Food and love. Not interested in Shakeology since I know this other works just fine for me. Are you lactose intolerant missdianaxo? I read that Shakeology has milk products in it. No-go for me!
  • vv1004
    vv1004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started Piyo today - just got through learning the proper body alignment for the exercises to come. I will be doubling up on weekends with Bikram yoga because I love the feeling of ridding my body of toxins, which I feel hot yoga does.

I am on the fence about the Shakeology - I'd do the vegan chocolate one, but it's so pricey that I may just stick to green smoothies. My favorite morning smoothie:

- Swiss chard (more of this than spinach - swiss chard is good for energy and mental alertness - no coffee needed)
    - Spinach
    - 1 or 2 Pitted dates (depends on how sweet you like your smoothie)
    - 15 Pumpkin seeds
    - 8 oz. Flaxmilk or Hemp milk or Almond Milk and 8 oz. water (total 16 oz. smoothie)
    - 1/4 haas Avocado or 1/2 banana (for thickness)

Anyway, I'm also looking for motivational partner(s) so it would be nice to follow everyone's progress here :))
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm starting PiYo tomorrow and I'd love to hear how others do on the program. Do you want to make a group or just ad friends?
  • LizH83
    LizH83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started PiYo as well. Today is my second day. I'd love to be in a group and talk about our progress :)
  • vv1004
    Options
    Hi!

I just got done with Piyo SWEAT and it definitely delivers the sweats :)) Some of the moves were a bit too fast for me, but I should be able to get the hang of it…eventually. Due to my lower back injury, I've been doing a few of the modified moves and limiting a bit of the jumping.

Haven't started Shakeology yet - it's in the mail. However, the green smoothies seem to be doing the trick. I am curious to know if Shakeology really makes a difference. I read on one of the beachbody blogs that Shakeology helps with getting past weight loss plateaus. That is, you don't plateau if you drink Shakeology. Does anyone know if that is in fact true? Or are they just trying to get you to drink up and buy more?
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just completed Day 2 of PiYo. I know I posted above that I wasn't interested in Shakeology, but after speaking with some personal friends who were very honest, and had no ulterior motive (not trying to sell to me) I decided to go ahead and purchase a bag. I've previously used Whole Food's 365 Vanilla Whey Protein Powder and have always loved it. I've only done 2 days of Shakeology but I can already tell that what my friends have shared is true--it DOES make a huge difference. My energy levels are already beginning to climb, I don't need as much coffee to feel refreshed and awake, my cravings are down, and my appetite is down. Tomorrow will be my day "off". It is nearly impossible to get anything done on Sundays because I am lesson planning for homeschool, busy with praise and worship at church for late morning and evening services, husband preaches tomorrow night--you get the idea. :) BUT, I am super excited to try Sweat for the first time on Monday! If anyone is looking for a buddy feel free to add me. So far I have exactly zero friends doing PiYo. LOL. I also have a tiny little blog. I don't make money from this. It's not a big blog with a huge following. In fact, I'd taken a one year hiatus until a few days ago when I decided to begin blogging my PiYo journey. Feel free to pop over there as well and leave comments to support one another if you'd rather do that there than on an MFP thread. http://www.perseveranceathome.blogspot.com If nothing else, it would be GREAT if we could keep a thread going somewhere for support, or find a way to support one another!
  • klmab9
    klmab9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I just got done with Piyo SWEAT and it definitely delivers the sweats :)) Some of the moves were a bit too fast for me, but I should be able to get the hang of it…eventually. Due to my lower back injury, I've been doing a few of the modified moves and limiting a bit of the jumping.

Haven't started Shakeology yet - it's in the mail. However, the green smoothies seem to be doing the trick. I am curious to know if Shakeology really makes a difference. I read on one of the beachbody blogs that Shakeology helps with getting past weight loss plateaus. That is, you don't plateau if you drink Shakeology. Does anyone know if that is in fact true? Or are they just trying to get you to drink up and buy more?

PiYO Sweat was awesome! I was also struggling with some of the moves, I felt like I would finally get one down and she would be moving onto the next!

I tried Shakeology. I can't say it's any better than a standard Whey protein shake. Maybe it helps past plateaus when you're on the Shakeology cleanse- which is two shakes a day and a regular meal for dinner. That's just creating a drastic calorie deficit though, so no wonder it helps weight loss. Nothing special.
  • vv1004
    Options
    I agree. I tried the 3 day cleanse for 2 days and thought the same. I think the best thing to do when hitting plateaus is just to take a rest - no exercise for a day, relax and give your internal organs a rest by green juicing for the day - just focus on giving your body adequate nutrients and nothing more. Your body will thank you for it. Resting and giving your body a break has worked for me in the past and I'm going to give it a try once a week.
    By the way, I'm loving PIYO and they don't require a lot of time. I think I waste more time every morning or evening reading posts on Facebook - I may as well do something a little more productive hahaha.
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am about 6 weeks into PiYo and would love to have more accountability as well as provide it to those doing the program. My fave workouts are Buns (which I did today) and Sweat.
  • rburk07
    Options
    I'm starting PiYO today! I also have Shakeology (Vegan Chocolate) I'm really excited to mix up my workouts. I've lost about 55 pounds in the last 6 months or so, and I feel like I'm kinda stuck here. I still have another 50ish to go. I would love to connect with others who are doing this program as well! I do have a Beachbody fitness coach, but I would love some "real people" connects. lol