New Member here! :happy:

Options
I loaded the app on my phone about 2 weeks ago & LOVE it!!!!
I'd love to find some friends to help me stay motivated . . . .I lose pretty quickly once I get going but can very easily talk myself out of my workouts. I prefer to get my lazy butt up early but I seem to never do that. I have a very small frame and an apple body type. I lost my father at a young age to an MI and want to get in great shape. . . . . I don't know why I talk myself out of my workouts. I always feel so much better after I go and get moving.

I think I'm just lazy and once I spend my day working . . . I want to be done. Anyone know any tricks for getting out of bed earlier?

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. I wake up at 4:30 am to get my work outs in. I recommend packing everything you will need the night before and setting it all out so that you can just hop out of bed, dress, and go. It is tough to get up the first few days/weeks but it DOES get easier over time. When I have trouble actually getting out of bed, I think of how good I feel after working out WHILE turning on the light. This seems to help physically get me out of bed and once I'm up, I'm good to good. Best of luck!
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I too am a lover of sleep and my bed! I try to motivate myself as I go to sleep the night before- even get a song ready on the ipod or plan what my workout will be (run outside, etc.). for me it is a lot of mental motivation to get and keep me going. GOOD LUCK!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    the only thing i can do is force myself, but i also set 3 different alarms, 5 minutes apart, and put them as far away as possible so i can turn them off. once im out of that bed, thankfully im out. good luck.
  • Maybe you don't have to get up early? I hate getting up early so I save my exercising for when I get home from work. I have the game Juse Dance and it's so much fun. Or you can get a Zumba game or dvd? Dancing is always a fun way to work out. Even if you don't know how, it's still fun : )