5 months progress pics

Options
Hi everyone,

So I'm in need of motivation these days.

It took me about 3 months to lose 10 kg (about 20 pounds) with calorie control and very very moderate exercise (no cardio).

These last two months I have been hovering around the same weight, and now I want to start focusing on strength while still eating at a small deficit to try and lose a bit more fat before I try to build some muscle.

I just started my first 2 weeks of lifting and upped my calories. As many people in the "maintaining" threads, I am freaking out about gaining the weight I have lost so far. But I definitely don't want to be skinny fat !

I don't know if I am doing things right, but here is my progress pic.

5'1
SW: 130 lbs
GW: 105-106 lbs
CW: 110 lbs

image removed by staff

This recent pic (taken this morning) will hopefully be used as a "before" pic for a "one year weight lifting progress pic" I hope to take next summer :)

Any advice/motivation is welcome !!!

Replies

• bebenevaeh
    bebenevaeh Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    U look amazing! I wish 5 mo did this for me! Great job!
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    wow you look great awesome work
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

So I'm in need of motivation these days.

It took me about 3 months to lose 10 kg (about 20 pounds) with calorie control and very very moderate exercise (no cardio).

These last two months I have been hovering around the same weight, and now I want to start focusing on strength while still eating at a small deficit to try and lose a bit more fat before I try to build some muscle.

I just started my first 2 weeks of lifting and upped my calories. As many people in the "maintaining" threads, I am freaking out about gaining the weight I have lost so far. But I definitely don't want to be skinny fat !

I don't know if I am doing things right, but here is my progress pic.

5'1
    SW: 130 lbs
    GW: 105-106 lbs
    CW: 110 lbs

This recent pic (taken this morning) will hopefully be used as a "before" pic for a "one year weight lifting progress pic" I hope to take next summer :)

Any advice/motivation is welcome !!!
    wow, I am 51 and 128 and trying to get to 105 by Christmas so this motivates me lots!!
    I am doing lots of kettlebell excercises and not gaining as long as I watch the calories .
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Very nice!! I am on somewhat of a similar journey to you... I'm 5 months in and have lost a smidge over 20 pounds myself and have just started upping weight training! However, I still have about 10 pounds I'd like to lose. I decided to up my calories slightly to slow weight loss down to ensure that I'm truly losing fat at this point and not canceling out what I"m doing with weights.

Your transformation is really amazing. I can't imagine how you'll look in a year from now, considering how good you look right now!

Awesome job ;)
  • petemarcib
    Options
    You go girl!!! You look fabulous! Keep up the great work! Hugs from (Grandma) Marci
  • alereck
    alereck Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: so purty, you look great!

Don't be afraid. I know it’s so hard to change your mindset but you have to. 20 lbs in 3 months is a pretty good progress, it would take your body quite a while to gain fat back simply by adding a few calories especially if you keep lifting.

I cut at 1200-1400 for about 3 months, then upped to 1500-1600 and still lost 7 lbs, I kept increasing 100 calories every three weeks or so without any change in exercise or routine and have not gained an ounce back. Do it! When you can go back to eating stuff you have been away from for so long you will thank me :drinker:
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You're looking GREAT! :) And you've had wonderful results. You'll be glad you added the resistance training as well. Enjoy it and keep treating yourself right!
  • LovingMe0587
    LovingMe0587 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Congrats on your success! This is very encouraging!
  • strong_er
    strong_er Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It's normal, especially for women, to have a really tough time accepting they will be gaining weight as they work to gain muscle in strength training. I believe the best thing you can do is focus on strength gains. Those can keep you just as motivated, if not more, than seeing the scale drop did before. Be sure to pick a solid, well-established lifting routine and stick with it.

Keep up the great work. You're doing awesome.
  • lysolgirl
    lysolgirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Um you look freaking awesome! Your *kitten* is like WOW!!! serious night and day on the butt lol
  • lulubeber
    Options
    haha thanks everyone, the warm words will keep me motivated. I am going to stop looking at the scales for a bit and start focusing on strength progress :)
  • craigmc1960
    craigmc1960 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I don't know if I am doing things right.

Trust me, you are. :wink:
  • Turtlesallthewaydown
    Options
    I wish I looked like that after 5 months!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    The picture has been removed. :-( But your stats say you are making great progress. KEEP IT UP!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!