I love motivational quotes .... what's your favorite?

Options
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." - Francis of Assisi

I love motivational quotes. Such wisdom and inspiration.

Do you have any favorites to share?

Replies

• melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Never let what you can't do interfere with what you can do.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I think my daughter made me watch Meet The Robinsons way too many times. It made my motto - Keep Moving Forward. I say it, use it, and think about it a lot.
  • alandry2121
    alandry2121 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Change occurs when the pain of remaining the same outweighs the pain of change.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    "Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it, because in the process we will catch excellence. I am not remotely interested in just being good." Vince Lombardi
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this qualifies but mine is...

Don't tell me I can't do something, I will prove you wrong!!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    "You can suffer the pain of change or suffer remaining the way you are."

"Delay is the deadliest form of denial"

"When we fall down do we just stay there? NO! We crawl, we get up and we keep going"
  • Stanlee202
    Stanlee202 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    "Dude, suckin' at something is the first step to being sorta good at something"
    -Jake the Dog (Adventure Time)
  • KeithAngilly
    KeithAngilly Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    "strong is what's left when you have used up all your weak"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KPPtmE079M
  • Persifler
    Persifler Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. - Socrates
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    IADOM

"It all depends on me"
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    The one I wrote for my profile page... "If not now, when?"
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    "Suck it up today and one day you won't have to suck it in"

-Unknown
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    "The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want now." ~ Zig Ziglar
  • Oxmarqt
    Oxmarqt Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Dare MIGHTY Things - Theodore Roosevelt

Excerpt from a larger quote is:

"It is not the critic who counts; nor the one who points out how the strong person stumbled, or where the doer of a deed could have done better.

The credit belongs to the person who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who does actually strive to do deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, spends oneself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at worst, if he or she fails, at least fails while daring greatly.

Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those timid spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.."

What he describes is the life I had been living. Read this out of the blue one day and ***CLICK***.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The courage to change the things I can,
    And the wisdom to know the difference.
  • djbrink21
    djbrink21 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    "Only through pain, suffering, and misery can we truly learn what is possible."
  • fluffyasacat
    fluffyasacat Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    "A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with, the wind".

- Lewis Mumford
  • Karen_Reinvented
    Options
    "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." ~Will Rogers

Top of my list these days!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Make one good decision. Then make another.
  • ceron1234
    ceron1234 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!"

Rocky Balboa