Carb nite solution... Anyone tried it?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If anyone still checks this thread:

Been doing CNS for 2 weeks now. Down about 10 pounds (mostly water) and I feel pretty good about myself. Not going to lie, it was really hard Sunday morning after my carb nite, but my body isn't screaming for carbs any more, so I can handle this again. Going to re-read the book to make sure I am getting everything correct, and going to clean up my carb nite a bit to hopefully create a bit of a quicker rebound.

I've spent countless hours (mostly at work ;)) researching keto diets, the carb nite solution and back loading. Doing so makes it so much easier to have willpower through the tough times of the diet, as you can visualize what is happening to your body, and you feel very knowledgeable about the subject. 2 of my friends have picked my brain and have decided to hop on this diet with me.

My one complaint is that the food I eat on the diet, while easy at first, becomes more and more bland. That's a me problem though, as I love to cook, and need to spice it up.

If anyone has any questions or needs support, feel free to add me.

P.S. - Coconut oil in coffee. You're welcome.
  • Carlosrose
    Carlosrose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi can anyone help me please I'm wanting to know from your experience. What would a days eating be like on the low carb days? Can someone post an example of a daily meals and a schedule please?
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wasn't sustainable for me gained it all back-slowly losing now but better for the long haul for me-good luck to you who do it and it works for you forever
  • Aldennmom
    Aldennmom Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am going on week two of cns. I had Carb Nite last night ....may I add you for more ideas?
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If anyone needs help. check my diary!

Edit: also, use http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ to calculate your macros
  • Capricci
    Capricci Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, guys:

I just re-visited this thread after a long absence, and found the following posts very helpful:
    I recently heard the creator of this diet discuss how some women really need to limit their sugar and fat on their carb nights. For us ladies it is not a free-for-all.

So if any women have been having trouble with this, that might be the problem?

Found this article on the web: http://athlete.io/5302/kiefer-qa-the-carb-nite-solution-for-women/

Wow! I wish I'd known this earlier. The Carb Nite book (written by a young-ish male with a long history of lifting weights) does indeed make it sound like Carb Nite gives you an 8 hour "eat whatever you want" window every week.

Sadly, it does not seem to work that way unless you are 1) under 40 and/or 2) very active and/or 3) male.

So thanks for the super helpful link. I've been working the Carb Nite protocol along with another regimen since the start of January this year, and have been making steady progress.
    geewrd wrote: »
    I've been doing a hypocaloric version of Carb nite for 3 months, while lifting, and playing club level ultimate. I limit the amount of traditional cardio I do, since it supposedly can cause your body to start hording fat to use as energy according to the author of CNS (http://athlete.io/5343/why-women-should-not-run/). I've found this to be fairly true. The longer I jog, the less weight I lose.

I've switched entirely to low volume, high intensity training over the last few months, and I've seen the best results of my life.

That article link was very helpful, and well worth sharing.

I'm just beginning a strength training program (like I was "about to do" earlier in this thread), and with both the food and exercise protocols in place I expect to see continued progress. Eventually I'd like to upgrade to a variation of the "Carb Backloading" protocol, however that will probably have to wait until I've built enough strength and muscle mass to do a strenuous enough workout to "qualify".

Thanks to everyone who has been researching this and sharing useful info!
  • timtoolmantaylor33
    Options
    What if your 8th day on the CNS and you go over 30g a total 65 one nite. I am 6’8” and have started jog/ walk every two days for about 30 mins. Do I have to completely start over or do I still have me carb night on the 10th day?