Tea Drinkers ??

Options
Hey everyone, just wondering whos drinking tea??? Iam a ice coffee lover but I also like tea, Ive been drinker it a lot more to kinda help with my craveings, if Iam drinking something warm its kinda filling to me and Iam not thinking about stuffing my mouth, LOL :tongue: At work they also have all kinds of flavors and with just alittle honey or just a packet of sugar substitude its saveing those cals.....:smile: I also was reading post online that stated drinking certain teas helped with loseing weight, like ( green and black)..IDK whats your opinion on this ? and has anyone noticed it has helped? No matter what Iam drinking more tea..lol it helps a bit and Ill be glad to see what yous think..

Replies

• benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I use to drink tea. I only really drink water now but I believe with many different types of teas they have antioxidants which help benefit your body and can also help you detox I believe. I only drink black when I drink tea and it's usually loaded with sugar, which isn't healthy at all but I need it to stand the taste. :P
  • GrindGravel
    GrindGravel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Not sure of the benefits, but I enjoy having an English Breakfast Tea with a bit of honey in the morning. For me at least provides a relaxing lift (not jittery) and staves off the appetite some.
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I drink warm tea regularly, usually french vanilla or stress relieving tea. I sweeten mine with a couple packets of stevia and some almond or whole milk (depending on how many calories I have). I love the taste and find that it really satisfies my sweet tooth while relaxing me at the same time.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I stick to caffeine free herbal teas. Black teas make me nauseous. I wouldn't bank too much on the weight loss claims of anything out there but plain old exercise and healthy diet.
  • KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea is brilliant. Antioxidants and other benefits. I drink loads of peppermint and loads of canomile, both naturally caffeine free.
  • snoringcat
    snoringcat Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Being in the UK I am a big tea drinker. Don't like coffee.

Standard teabags, semi-skimmed milk (what I think you call 2% in the US?) no sugar.

Usually drink about 5-6 mugs a day.
  • laumis1
    laumis1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am an avid tea drinker. Anything green or wellness blends are great for your health and some specifically to weight loss. The best tea for weight I find is the matcha green. It's a powder tea and is much higher in the antioxidants levels than a regular cup of green tea. I'm not a huge fan to drink it as a tea (though there are many who swear by it) I drink it in a smoothie. Add my yogurt, ice, some blueberries and a couple of teaspoons of matcha powder and it's a great breakfast.

My favourite weightloss tea is called Iron Goddess - it's an oolong tea and great for encouraging weight loss
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I drink tea and homemade lemonade, and while it was not intentional, at this point have eliminated even diet soda and at this point drink just water, tea or lemonade. I can't say that it necessarily has helped with the weight loss, but it certainly hasn't hurt. I definitely save money though.
  • abbeyjones1994
    abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the only things I drink are water, tea, and the occasional iced coffee.

I drink black tea in the morning and decaf green tea before I go to bed. I also really like the iced green tea at Starbucks. I think I'm kind of strange though, in that I absolutely hate any tea that's even slightly sweetened.
  • NaomiNoel21
    NaomiNoel21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My usual tea choice is Earl Grey. I've been thinking about starting to drink Green Tea because of the benefits but it's not as yummy : (
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of "The Republic of Tea" and Aveda's Tea "Comforting". And because these teas are huge on flavor, they don't need sweeteners.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My friend's oncologist told her that if she never drank a glass of water again but instead fresh brewed iced tea for the rest of her life, he'd be fine with that. Her and I are both iced tea addicts (unsweetened) so that was a victory for us (she survived breast cancer). He said that you have to drink about 20% more tea than water because of the diuretic effects of caffeine but the antioxidants were great.
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I like the Irish Breakfast from Adagio. The Gunpowder is also good if you like a smokey green tea.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Good old PG Tips, with a drop of soya milk....... Can't beat it, 3/4 a day. Plus twinnings fruit flavour teas.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Green tea is supposed to be best health wise. I was told to give up caffeine, because of my PCOS, with the exception of green tea. The benefits out way the caffeine content. Now I'm completely caffeine free, with the except of the occasional chocolate treat. I currently drink "Bromley Naturally decaffeinated tea" it taste like regular black tea, but have absolutely no caffeine in it. :-) I love me some iced sweet tea, I use Stevia to sweeten it.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I love tea. I actually started drinking it to decrease my coffee intake (because I like coffee with my sugar :wink:). I drink it black and unsweetened. I actually did notice some benefits. I drink green tea all day at work (1-4 cups) and it helps me feel full. I like some of the herbal stuff as well, cinnamon and chamomile are my favorites. I also noticed I had less stomach problems, but that could be from drinking less coffee. I've read studies that concluded drinking green tea increases your metabolism; however, you had to drink a lot of it (4+ cups/day) and the increase was very slight. If you're putting honey or sugar in your tea, I would think that would negate any metabolism boost from the tea.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea pretty much every morning unless I decide to have hot water with lemon instead. I did a teatox a couple times and loved that as well!
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm primarily an espresso drinker, but... :drinker: I have regular/decaf. Earl Grey in my tea stash, and I usually drink herbal teas as a treat with few calories. I buy jasmine tea (caffeinated b/c it's typically based on green tea) at local Asian markets and I have lots of fruity teas including Celestial Seasonings as well as some from that heinously expensive Teavana. Does anyone know of a good online store for affordable, quality loose tea? :flowerforyou:

Good round-up discussions below of the possible benefits of green, black, and herbal teas. Beware of interactions with pharmaceuticals.

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/green-tea (Green)

http://www.berkeleywellness.com/healthy-eating/food/article/tea-benefits-research-wrap (Green & Black)

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/tea-types-and-their-health-benefits (All Teas; See p. 2 for Risky Ingredients)
  • samah1408
    samah1408 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always drink green tea with lemon (lipton). 3 times a day ( after meals). No milk and just a little stevia. I find that tea fills me up and helps sugar cravings????