When did others start noticing?

Options

Replies

• Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    After losing about 50lbs, it went from almost no one noticing to everyone noticing. I guess it's because I bought some new clothes.
  • Katiegirl1970
    Katiegirl1970 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    about 25 pounds gone and people started telling me how thin i was getting ***yeah right, i am still 210 pounds-long way from thin---lol** but i appreciated people noticing me.
  • kathy6655
    kathy6655 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have lost 20 pounds around a third of the way to my target. No-one has commented on my weight loss yet but I have lost it from all over my body so I don't think it's too obvious. However friends keep telling me I look really well, my clothes fit better and I feel so much more comfortable and confident so I don't mind that it hasn't been noticed by others.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    with the exception of my very supportive husband, my friends and family have mostly not said a word. i have no idea why not. it was sort of odd at our last family gathering, as i had lost over 20 pounds since most of them last saw me and honestly it's very obvious.

our regular waiter at the sizzler, however, said "wow,. you've lost a lot of weight and look great!"
  • Angeljones83
    Options
    I have lost 52lb altogether and people didn't start noticing until i started running and my body started to have more of a shape. It doesn't help as i will not go out and buy new clothes as i still got a lot to lose. I found it helps to take picture every month so you can see the weight loss for yourself.
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I haven't seen my BFF for few months and I have lost over 10 kg (22 lbs) in that time. She said nothing. When I pointed it out to her she confirmed my worst fear - she couldn't see it. So far I have lost 27 kg (59 lbs) and only few people noticed. I would get a comment like - You look good - what did you do? Never mind this. Stay strong and be ready that people are preoccupied with themselves so you may not get that many compliments as you assumed.
  • oremus1
    oremus1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I think people DO notice but don't want to say anything. personally I notie when people have lost weight but I never say anything. unless its like 50lbs and they look completely different lol
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? I find it helps as you can see it better if you know your waist/hips etc are smaller, you can't wait for other people to support you, you'll never succeed relying on others. Hope this helps :smile:
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Im down 11.2lbs and today when i saw my sister inlaw who iv not seen for a while she said "your looking really well"

im taking that as a notice lol

she is always dieting and her weight yoyyo's so know she is not one who will say "oh, have you lost weight" so the above comment is probably the closest she will come to saying it.

im happy with that and will take any compliment i get hahaha
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    nobody noticed until i was at my goal lol
    that's -55 pounds down
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Despite loss so far 21lbs it's. Y new glasses that get all the comments. Not sure what it's about. I think it's pretty obvious
  • badcemom
    Options
    I started getting occasional comments after 30 lbs. Now that I've lost more than 50 lbs, I am getting compliments more frequently. I think better fitting, more flattering clothes help a lot.

Hang in there- I know how discouraging it is when you feel like there must be no change if nobody is saying anything.
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    The bigger you are to start with, the more it'll take to start noticing (and for others to start noticing) a change in your appearance.

Me, for example…I started as verging on a little big/chubby but I wasn't fat, let alone very fat or obese.

So after even just 5 lbs I personally noticed my stomach flattening down a bit and got my first comments - nothing drastic.

After 10 lbs a couple more people started to notice.

20 lbs down now and all I hear from my friends is how slim I've suddenly gotten and how good I look.

Without this coming out wrong, I can only assume your starting weight was quite high which is why after such a massive weight loss you'e not seeing results yet. I find that incredible. 40 lbs is a ridiculous amount of weight - almost a third of my whole weight now! - so I find it hard to believe absolutely nothing has changed.

That said, don't give up. Results will come but when you're losing such a large amount of weight these things do take time unfortunately. Try measuring yourself from now on. You'll see your hips and waist going down even if it doesn't seem like they are.
  • SmartForAGirl
    SmartForAGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 pounds in the past two months. No one has mentioned the weight loss but people keep telling me I look taller. I think they're misinterpreting the slight loss as additional height. I am weighing myself regularly but I'm not tracking my height so maybe I really am getting taller. :P
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 pounds in the past two months. No one has mentioned the weight loss but people keep telling me I look taller. I think they're misinterpreting the slight loss as additional height. I am weighing myself regularly but I'm not tracking my height so maybe I really am getting taller. :P

I really hope i start getting taller lol
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    10 pounds for me. Cause I lose weight in my face first.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I depends how tall you are and also how big you are to start with.I am 5`3 and I started at 150 so people started noticing after only 10 lb loss.so it depends
  • oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    No one will notice then when they do start to notice youll still think they are just being nice.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", started at 227, currently 181, it was just recently at -45lbs that a lot of people have commented. But its taken me two years and I put back on 15 lbs during that time. I think people are afraid to say something sometimes.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I've lost 63 pounds and am at goal. It was not until I lost at least 30 that any one mentioned my weight loss. People noticed something different but couldn't quite figure it out. I heard a lot, "you look nice today" or "did you get your hair cut? ". Now people who have known me only in my "heavier years" don't even recognized me.