Wow, some people

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It amazes me the *kitten* some people put up with in relationships... :noway:
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are better off without him. I truly believe there is someone for everyone out there.
    At the same time.....
    I would hate to try dating in my 40's; while my 62 yr. old Mom has been married 4 x and always seems to be looking for #5.
    May just be the whole married for 20 yrs. thing though.
    Good luck with getting healthier and finding someone special in your future.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Be proud of your decision to dump this jerk!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You did good kicking his *kitten* to the curb!
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Yes, there were a lot of red flags. I feel better for getting rid of him. I would rather figure this out sooner rather than later. TIme for me to reflect and work on myself. :)
  • Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Congrats on dumping a real jerk!
  • Jaseau
    Jaseau Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    OMG! I just read the first few lines and thought How horrible that comment was! he sounds like a real douche and doesn't deserve you! Guys are supposed to respect, cherish and protect women. Good on you for getting rid of him!! :)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Don't know if it's true or not, but males and females are somewhat attracted to people who may resemble their parents both in looks and character. Psych professor talked to me about it once. I kinda believe him. My DW is like my mom was at the same age.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I once read a book on this theory
    and for those of you who swear you'll never marry anyone similar to your parents, the book explains how you tend to push your husband or wife to behave that way because it's what you're used to. For example: a woman that says she will never marry a man that drinks too much, like her father, tries to marry a man that doesn't drink, but in subtle ways over time gets him started. I can't remember the title, but it was very interesting how people pick their partners.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    You're already a knockout for respecting yourself enough to get rid of that mess.
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My 1st husband liked to tell me how much weight I needed to lose, also liked to tell me how stupid I was, among a list of things I could go on about, he was heavier than me by far, long story short, our marriage didn't last very long. (and no he was nothing like my father)
  • Sherbear1109
    Sherbear1109 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Pfffffftt....... I would have walked out as soon as he made that comment. You deserve a real man.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Why is it still affecting you? You broke up with him, stop letting him get to you.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Then I got to thinking about all this other stuff. I mean, telling me I'll be a knockout once I lose the weight is kind of degrading.
    You don't think that's true? He's saying that you're pretty but overweight. The rest of the stuff he was doing was pretty sad but I don't think you can fault him for that one. Sure it's sort of stupid to say but it's not degrading.
  • rebetha82
    rebetha82 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I wonder if kicking him out of your life could count as weight loss :) Well done!
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    He sounds to me like a bully. You are likely better off without him.
  • NetflixAndChocolate
    Options
    IMO you were a knockout the day you decided to to change for yourself. Self motivation is attractive. A guy told me something damm near similar, and for a while I was like 'I'll try for him' .

In short you didnt over react, he was a ****. You are perfect however you want to be.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    OP, you should spend as much time thinking about him now that the relationship is over as he spent thinking about you during the relationship.

Ok, time's up. Let's get donuts!
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    OP, you should spend as much time thinking about him now that the relationship is over as he spent thinking about you during the relationship.

Ok, time's up. Let's get donuts!

Yup! I'm over it. Moving on. Besides, I had someone waiting in the wings. :laugh: Life goes on! Now, about that donut..
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    So, I was dating this guy. I asked him why he was attracted to me
    why oh why oh why would you ever ask a guy a question like this if you arent prepared to hear something effed up in return?

i didnt even read the rest of the OP, because you were pretty much asking to hear nonsense considering the question
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Is it just me that would not need to ask a question like why are you attractive to me?

I agree with the above ^^