What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That is such a powerful NSV - thank you for sharing, I am so moved right now! Congratulations to you.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    To women with a normal reproductive system it probably seems like a really strange thing to call an NSV, but for me it's a pretty big deal...I'm ovulating now that I've lost weight. I'm nowhere NEAR where I should be, but I will get there....and this was a huge motivation. 53 lb and counting (wish I had joined MFP before I started losing, that ticker is frustrating me).

Sorry! My comment was meant for this post.

That is such a powerful NSV - thank you for sharing, I am so moved right now! Congratulations to you.
  • SarahRuthRuns
    SarahRuthRuns Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I hope this doesn't seem silly, but I used to be really active and have recently been extremely sedentary due to life circumstances....

My NSV... My heart rate has stayed under 80 for most of the day today...

I started back at MFP almost 60 days ago (60 days tomorrow....), and anytime I have checked my heart rate it has been in the 90's, sometimes over 100 if I've been up and moving about even just a little. Every single time I checked it today it's been under 80, and I checked it multiple times only because I was in shock that it was under 80!!!!
  • dreamingofhealthy
    dreamingofhealthy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    All my measurements down an inch!!!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I've been able to maintain the standards of The Whole30 (http://whole30.com) since the first of the month:
    I've been 'intermittent fasting' each day from 8 PM to 10 AM or even Noon, for the same length of time;
    and I made SURE I didn't walk by the freezer at the CVS this evening, so that Ben & Jerry couldn't call me name!
  • poodlenoodlemuffin
    Options
    Ran in to the mother of an old friend yesterday and she tried to set me up with her son. Really awkward at the time, but left me beaming for the rest of the day!
  • fitby44
    fitby44 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cycling uphill to work seems almost effortless now. :smile: I am fitting into smaller clothes than I was last week too. And, I'm not sure if this is weight loss, healthy eating or what, but I usually suffer from terrible insomnia, and I haven't experienced it in about a month and a half.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    A few....
    #1) I mentioned to my 16 yr. old (introverted) son the other day I had lost another 2 lbs. He said "Mom you need to slow down before you are a stick"
    That really made my day.
    #2) Vanity here....I can't stop looking at my muscle tone lately. Even my husband mentioned how toned my arms were looking recently.
    #3) I pushed myself yesterday on the elliptical to burn 350 calories in 36 minutes on effort of 8 the whole time. I even managed to let go of the arm things with out losing my momentum.
    #4) While at the pool with my toddler the other day I asked the weight limits on the kid's slides. The head lifeguard said I've went down them so you'll be fine. Since there were no other kids for her to play with that day. I climbed and did the slides with her. Didn't feel self conscience at all. I even noticed some of the older people seemed to be watching the show. LOL
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    People comenting on how i am dissapearing
  • NBFL
    NBFL Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing a smaller size shirt today.
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    As part of a Sworkit full body workout today, I did 30 seconds of regular jumping jacks. I don't remember the last time I did an unmodified jumping jack (usually I'd do the step thing.) Woot.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    This is a two part NSV. I not only did couch to 5k week 5 day 1, I did it without stopping! This compared to five weeks ago when running for 1:30 looked daunting.

The second part came after the run. I was being lazy and sitting at my computer when I realized I was gonna be late for my club! So I jumped up, ran down the stairs, and all the way to the sports center - a five minute walk thats basically down one hill, up another, and that I've tried to sprint last year and got winded. Not this time! Made it on time and somehow that felt better than the run :D
  • TechNerd42
    TechNerd42 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Both are great. I tried the C25K, but running just isn't my thing. Give me weights, and the elliptical. :) But that's ok, just leaves the roads, sidewalks, and treadmills for those that like them. :)
  • ajnb88
    ajnb88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I've recently been using the treadmill more, and may or may not have made a stupid deal with someone on twitter that the next time they do a 10k, I'll do it on the treadmill at the same time. (I'd never done more than 2k).

On Friday night I did 5k in 35 mins, (alternating 1:1 with running/walking fast) and I'm getting closer :)
  • pippaw21
    pippaw21 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    So the last few weeks I have dropped off a bit - have moved house twice, so I haven't really been to the gym for a month and I've eaten out a lot and have typically hit or gone over my TDEE. I kept logging but hadn't weighed. Today I'm in my new place (home for next 9 months) and:

1) when I was brushing my teeth I noticed that I can see a dimple where my collarbone is! This is the first time I've ever seen that.
    2) the jeans I bought a couple of weeks ago ate now too big. I hadn't even worn them yet! Now having to wear them with a belt so they don't fall down.
    3) my portion control is getting way better. Last night I made dinner and used a normal size dinner plate, and when I put my food on it seemed like a small portion (wasn't filling the entire plate like I'm used to). But it was a normal portion (maybe even slightly bigger than normal still) - but about 2/3 of what I used to eat when I would make pasta. I used to use an extra large dinner plate and heap it on, whereas now I'm nearly using what the packet recommends as a portion size, and being full from it :)
  • Lifts4IceCream
    Lifts4IceCream Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have been bulking the last couple months. This past weekend my wife said to me. "Your arms have gotten bigger". #Gains #IIFYM #BulkingProblems
  • amy_huckaba
    amy_huckaba Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    After being a size 12 for a long time, I fit into a size 10 dress today!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!