Ugh... I overate AGAIN!

Options
2»

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Expecting perfection in yourself in anything is setting yourself up to fail. Why don't you try balancing your calories for the week? Staying under your calories for the week means that you will maybe be a little lower one day to compensate for the fun you had this weekend

Do you really see yourself being so rigid for the rest of your life? If not, then learn to balance now. It's not about starting over - it's about your ability to keep going.
  • LePhoque
    Options
    Don't worry about it! We're only human at the end of the day and have to allow ourselves some room for error. It's not like you've over-eaten every day for the last month, two days is nothing! Just pick yourself up and forget about it, it's in the past and means nothing. :)
  • jbse26
    jbse26 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just eat a bit less for the next couple of days then go back to maintainance. 600 calories is no big deal and nothing you can't deal with.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am really beating myself up emotionally and mentally and need some help. I overate this weekend... a lot. I did well Saturday, as in I stayed within my calories but then on Friday and Sunday (today) I ate horribly. I ate by over 600 calories. The problem is that I have been eating AT MAINTENANCE all month, so I will gain weight. I am so upset and just want to cry and then eat. I have not done either but need some encouragement, or help.
    Thanks!

Just curious...what are you goals? Your profile is private so I can't tell. Are you trying to maintain or lose or gain?

Either way, maybe it's time for a plan. I know when I plan my meals out for the week (sometimes two weeks), I do so much better than if I just wing it. There still might be an overage here and there but it's usually not enough to do any damage or I try to make up for it by getting an extra workout in or eating lighter the next day.

Weekends can be tough for a lot of folks. I usually workout really hard Mon-Fri so I take Sat & Sun to rest but if I'm not eating well, I make sure I get some sort of exercise in to counteract it, at least in part.

And yes, as others have suggested, I also forgive myself - as you should.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah I overate by 1800 calories this week end, which puts me at a 1000 calories surplus for this week or something.

Still only a few days of eating at a deficit to break even. I'll live.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    As others said you can overcome it. I am personally terrible at making good food choices when hungry. I've found that pre-planning or at least having lots of easy healthy options helps. I have a drawer of stuff in the fridge like string cheese, bags of cut up fruit, yogurt, applesauce, etc that I can grab and eat right away. Maybe that will help you in the future.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Honestly this probably won't be the last time this happens. There will be birthdays, holidays, barbecues, vacations, etc., and you'll want to enjoy yourself. Just look at the bigger picture; realistically, I doubt there's anyone who eats precisely at "maintenance" until the day they die.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    600 calories isn't too bad! We all have off days. Food is tasty and the feeling after a satisfying meal is nice, so of course you'll go above and beyond sometimes.

Start again today and don't beat yourself up.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    You are all so sweet and thank you for taking the time to respond... I am hopping back on the wagon today. Here we go ;)
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    would it make you feel better if I told you I'm a 5'3" female and I ate over 3600 calories yesterday? :laugh:
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am really beating myself up emotionally and mentally and need some help. I overate this weekend... a lot. I did well Saturday, as in I stayed within my calories but then on Friday and Sunday (today) I ate horribly. I ate by over 600 calories. The problem is that I have been eating AT MAINTENANCE all month, so I will gain weight. I am so upset and just want to cry and then eat. I have not done either but need some encouragement, or help.
    Thanks!

3500ish calories are equal to a pound at fat. Did you eat 600+ calories over all or 1200 for the weekend? Still, not a big deal.

I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh but...You'll NEVER be successful at being healthy if you beat yourself up every time you over eat. As stated before, this will not be the last time you did it. Don't develop an unhealthy relationship with food based on calories. If you're hungry, eat. If you over eat, move more. But beating yourself up over FOOD is opposite of what you should be trying to do on this site...

...Be healthy.
  • rasp0000
    rasp0000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LIFE HAPPENS! Enjoy it. Get back on track and you probably won't gain any weight, worst case go to the gym and sweat it out. 600cal is just over 1/5 of a pound.. there are bigger problems in life to worry about.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day.

Seriously, why cry over something that is done and over with?

Just try again tomorrow. You can do this. :)