Can you identify a 176g apple/ gett 30g of PB by eye etc...

Options
2»

Replies

• smelanie504
    Options
    I've been tracking since February on a different MFP account and I'd say I'm ok... I still weigh things but just to see how I'm doing I'll try to estimate first. I'm still usually over but not by as much as I used to be.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    who want's to eyeball their wine appropriately ;)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I've lost all of my weight and maintained it for a year without once using a food scale, so I guess I can.
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Not at all! For this reason, on days that I fail to prep everything, my diary looks like I only ate about 900 calories bc I know I that the things I did eat will not have an accurate calorie count (usually higher than I think). Weighing is the only way for me to get an accurate number!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I still can't eyeball 175g of Greek yogurt, but for some reason I can almost always accurately scoop out 14g of peanut butter.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    For the most part I can estimate most things pretty accurately. I used to use a food scale religiously for just about everything, but I made sure I was teaching myself how to visualize those servings and use things like my fist and palm, etc to help me estimate most things better without having to use a tool like a food scale all the time.

I still use my scale for certain things...mostly to make sure I'm not under estimating more than anything...I want what's coming to me.
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1 oz of cheese.

I'm okay with my yogurt- but cheese I can actually get within the tenth. I'm wildly amused by my skills.

Bigger skill- who can eyeball their wine appropriately!!!

That's easy! just multiply the amount of the servings by how many are in the bottle, and drink the whole thing! (Hint, it usually tell you how much is already in the bottle.)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    who want's to eyeball their wine appropriately ;)

LOL not me- but I will if I am really cutting it close on calories.

That's easy! just multiply the amount of the servings by how many are in the bottle, and drink the whole thing! (Hint, it usually tell you how much is already in the bottle.)
    Eventually I always do- but my problem is 1 glass is fine, 1.5 = really tired 2 = skanky slore. 3 means I can't walk- or damn close to not being able to.

So I usually only EVER have one- maybe 2. LOL... Eventually I drink the whole thing- I wonder if I logged it on Sat/Sun for the whole upcoming week that would be better.
    Herm- thoughts thoughts.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am getting pretty darn good. I am always thrilled, like I won the lottery or something.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am not good enough yet. I am close with most things but under or over 20 to 50 calories adds up. I still weigh and measure.

Yes I do measure my wine...I have a plastic glass with 5 oz etched on it so if hubby is serving he pours properly. :wink:
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options

That's easy peasy:

Fill glass until I say stop.

Wine has been eyeballed appropriately.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

That's easy peasy:

Fill glass until I say stop.

Wine has been eyeballed appropriately.

you mean till it's spilling out the top?