What's your macro split???

Options

Replies

• gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    35 C/35 P/ 30 F
    I try to be under my carb #s because I'm diabetic. But, I'm usually over in fat because I like my nuts. :smile:
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    50/25/25. I tried 40/30/30 for a while but was ALWAYS over in carbs...so 50% carbs works a lot better for me.

The whole point of macros is to change your eating habits. You shouldn't adjust your macros to fit your eating habits you should adjust your eating habit to fit your macros.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    60% Fat
    30% Protein
    10% Carbs
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    50P/30C/20F
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    50% carbs, 30% protein and 20% fats. I am trying to add muscle mass and am a hardgainer. This seemed to be the most common split between different articles as well as the USADA nutritional guide.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,022 Member
    Options
    30 C / 25 P / 45 F

Because too many carbs makes me over eat in general. 25% protein gives me 93g a day...I'm on maintenance, and it's what has worked for me.
  • Cheyenne_K_
    Cheyenne_K_ Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    45% carbs, 25% protein, and 30% fat. I just changed it. I was doing more protein and less carbs before and I felt too sluggish and deprived. I dont have much weight to lose so Im going at a slower pace.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    5% carbs, 65% fat, 30% protein....

There it is....let the flaming begin... :laugh:
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    34% carbs
    33% protein
    33% fat

I set the grams of my macros to specific #'s based off of IIFYM.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    40 carbs, 30 fat, 30 protein

This is where I am comfy and I can meet them.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    30 Carbs. That and calories is the only thing I pay attention to.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    45c, 30p, 25F, but I use Protein and fat as minimums and carbs as a max. I usually end up 40-45%C, 25-35%P, 25-30%F
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I used to do 40c/30p/30f but changed it to be closer to 35c/35p/30f.

Trying to get minimum of 130g protein. My aim for fat is around 40-55g, but I'm not too strict on that (but should be :laugh: )
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    50g fat/95g protein. Whatever is left is carbs. I also have fiber set at 35g.

I calculated fat and protein based on the formula below (lifted from the Eat, Train, Progress moderators). Fiber I set through trial and error on what works for me.

I prefer setting by grams rather than %, and ignore the changes that MFP makes if I do more activity than planned.

protein 1g per lb lean body mass (I use a body fat estimate based on military body fat calculator - not particularly accurate, but it's good enough)
    fat 0.35g per lb body mass
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I calculated fat and protein based on the formula below (lifted from the Eat, Train, Progress moderators). Fiber I set through trial and error on what works for me.

I prefer setting by grams rather than %, and ignore the changes that MFP makes if I do more activity than planned.

protein 1g per lb lean body mass (I use a body fat estimate based on military body fat calculator - not particularly accurate, but it's good enough)

I really wish MFP would let us set our goals per gram instead of percentages.
  • Harunan
    Harunan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5c/30p/65f

2nd on wishing we could set our goals to grams. My MFP says 15 net carbs but I aim for less than 20.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    35% C/ 35%P/30%F based more because a while ago (my best trainer ever) had suggested each meal be as balanced as possible 1/3, 1/3, 1/3 of Carbs fats and proteins in order to feel the most sated each meal.

I'm also a pre - pre- diabetic, so I'm on the lower carb side, but couldn't cut it out completely. My current trainer said almost the same thing about the diet split, so that's what I went with. It was the start of my losing weight.

The MFP split with my body just wouldn't let me lose any weight.
  • dopeysmelly
    dopeysmelly Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options

There's a little macro you can install on your PC to let you do just that. I can't remember what it is, but go to the Eat, Train, Progress group and check it out. It usually works OK, and let's face it, you don't need to mess with macros very often.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

There's a little macro you can install on your PC to let you do just that. I can't remember what it is, but go to the Eat, Train, Progress group and check it out. It usually works OK, and let's face it, you don't need to mess with macros very often.

I saw that and tried it but I ended up just forgetting about it because sometimes I make changes on my phone and I can't use that macro on it and then I'd just forget to redo it when I'd get to a computer. I just try to remember my numbers. :laugh:
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    40 carbs, 35 fat, 25 protein