Anyone else see this

Options
I have been a MFP user for a bit. Did well, stopped and then came back.

Just due to change my eating I was able to loose weight. I am not the best logger, I will admit that. So I decided to start exercising.

I go to a CX Works ( 30 minutes) class 2 X / Week, Zumba ( 1 hour ) 2 X / week, and an hour of Yoga. Unfortunately these classes are M- Tue Wed, but that's not the point.

I began at 221 end on May when I joined, dropped to 213 (212-214) in about the first 8-10 weeks ( don't have exact time frame).

Not I have been stuck at 213 and am starting to get mad- we are going on 8 weeks at this weight. When I "just ate the weight came off slow but steady.

Helpl!!

Replies

• bigsistruck
    bigsistruck Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Of course the obvious question is, are you eating more to compensate? If no, then I've struggled through the same thing. I was losing weight steadily, added exercise and the weight loss slowed. So, I upped the intensity AND time that I worked out and lost NOTHING. Needless to say, I cut the exercise way back down, I only do 20-30 minutes a day of step 5 days a week and I am losing again. It wasn't only weight, I wasn't seeing any changes. Sometimes I think our bodies get too overwhelmed with exercise stress and hang on to that extra fat. Both times I lost my pregnancy weight I didn't exercise very much and the weight just fell off. I should have known to take the same road I did before!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    That's quite a lot of exercise and in an intense block. What do you do the rest of the week, as in go for walks or runs or swim?

No doubt someone in the know about muscle and body response set exercise and muscle building will be along soon to explain it.
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah I hope I get more answers. I know I would likely be better off without such a clump at one block, but that's how the gym has the classes. I am even more worse because I don't do much the rest of the time, though I have been trying to hike on Sunday's. Thank's again.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Simply put, if you aren't losing you aren't in a deficit.

Are you eating back your exercise calories? Your body may more efficient at the workouts you're doing, so you aren't burning what you were when you started. If that's the case, you need to eat back fewer of your exercise calories. (I.e. if you currently eat 100% of them back, cut that down to 75% for 2-3 weeks then reasses. Cut it down again if you still aren't losing.)
  • lqichick
    lqichick Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants to know I changed my "weekly weight loss goat to 1 # / week" down from 1.5. It gave me a few more calories to work with so I am hoping I stay close to count, and don't go overboard if I don't. ( I am an every emotion eater- happy, sad, depressed, very depressed, even more depressed you name it)

Somewhere I read that sometimes too low calories , even with exercise, can cause a weight stall.

xcalygrl- your point is correct, I must not be eating in a deficit. But since my exercising has gotten better, a bit more intense, I am hungrier, so that,s why I changed my loss per week.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    i lost 11.2lbs with just diet, then i started at the gym, i go 4 times a week doing around an hour (mostly cardio)
    and iv stalled too.
    i do eat a few of the calories back (less than 50%) but not every time.

I dont know if im not eating enough or eating too little?

on non gym days my calorie cound is 1400 - 1700, on gym days i then have around 150-200 extra calories on top, which usually brings my net calories to l 1500- 1800.

before startin the gym MFP gave me 1866 calories a day, then after id lost 5kg it said to update my goals so i did and it took me down to 1800.

I now have no idae if i should cut a few calories or add a few calories a day

If it makes any difference on the scooby website it gives me a TEED of 2023, thats with it set to 3-5 hours moderate exercise a week, and a calorie reduction of 25% for weight loss
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    hahaha just read that back and i think i gave myself the answer, going by TEED i need to up my calories right?

OR am i completely wrong ?? feeling confused