• justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    How can you tell if you have it?
  • Heatts
    Heatts Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How can you tell if you have it?

Lay on the floor, putting your fingers on your abdomen (index closer to the chest, pinky closer to the hips) right in the center, at your belly button. Start to squeeze your abdomen. If you feel a gap, they are separated and you have it.

www.completemotions.com might have more info on it, or she might have something on her YouTube about it. Otherwise, pm me and I can get you more information.
  • Flissbo
    Flissbo Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think I may have this...not sure.....will have a read of this post later on!
  • acchickpea
    acchickpea Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    WOW... I though that I would have to go at this alone.. Most of my friends tummy had flattened out after they had their baby meanwhile I'm the odd one out of the bunch that has a protruding belly with muscle separation at the abs. :(
    So confused and scared of what exercise to do in fear that I would make the Diastasis recti worse.. therefore I just didn't start to exercise.. Everything that I imagine as "exercise" is bad to do and that it would make the separation worse!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I had that very slightly after my second pregnancy, but it was painful because I am very active as a dancer. The Tupler Technique fully healed it for me. It's excellent for that. I definitely recommend including that into your postpartum fitness.
  • Lkj_ba
    Lkj_ba Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am in the same situation. My baby is almost 1 yr now and I have lost at least a good 16 lbs by just doing high impact cardio. Did not realize that I had DR - 1-2-3 fingers. I confirmed it when I went for a Lipo consultation( the doctor was very nice and advised me to workout for another yr and come back to see him) I am actually doing the mutu system and I am almost done with my 6th week. This is a twelve week program. I am seeing a slight difference but I still have a long ways to go. Would be nice to hear from others and anyone who did embark on this journey- how successful it was?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The best things for me postpartum were the Tupler Technique and pilates. Then when I was healed up I moved on to weights and strength training.
  • CactusF1ower
    CactusF1ower Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    How did this work out for everyone?