Wish me luck

Options
Well, here i am. I don't know if I am pathetic or just hopeful. Trying to look at the glass as half full I am going to say hopeful. I am a 54 year old female who has hated herself most of her life. I am not what you would consider very overweight if you saw me on the street . I have been on diet pills and diets since I was 18 when my boyfriend's mother in high school told me about her diet doctor. I have used food to ease my anxiety and provide comfort when I feel down. I also know now and am trying to face the fact that I eat because it is so very hard t for me to like myself. If I got down to a weight where I felt I looked good the feeling of thinking I look is so very uncomfortable for me.
So here I go, I am putting these thoughts down for all to read.
Please wish me luck,
Cathy

Replies

• CathyB2
    CathyB2 Posts: 2
    Options
    Well, here i am. I don't know if I am pathetic or just hopeful. Trying to look at the glass as half full I am going to say hopeful. I am a 54 year old female who has hated herself most of her life. I am not what you would consider very overweight if you saw me on the street . I have been on diet pills and diets since I was 18 when my boyfriend's mother in high school told me about her diet doctor. I have used food to ease my anxiety and provide comfort when I feel down. I also know now and am trying to face the fact that I eat because it is so very hard t for me to like myself. If I got down to a weight where I felt I looked good the feeling of thinking I look is so very uncomfortable for me.
    So here I go, I am putting these thoughts down for all to read.
    Please wish me luck,
    Cathy
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place. Welcome. If you log everything, ask questions, and offer insights as you have them you are going to learn alot about your relationship with food and slowly will change.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    welcome. this is a great site with great people. If you need any advice, suggestions, or just to laugh, this is the right place. good luck. :smile:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    Welcome to the Group ... Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • janameyer
    Options
    Good Luck to you-I think we all know that this is a long and hard journey. This website is really good and has helped me in tracking what I eat, as well as my exercise. When you can see it, you know what you need to cut out or work on. Anyway, good luck to you and I know you can do this.