6'4 basketball player

Options
Hey pals I'm Daniel 6'4 roughly 250. I'm 26 Going on 27. My whole life I have been thin guy. Basketball was my way off getting in shape. I lost the motivation moving from a big city to a small town. Once I get going I do great but the beginning is what's getting me. I just need a little motivation to get back on the court and she'd some more weight. Hope to here from you guys and girls. Friends are welcomed.

Replies

• CherylMichele
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. Hopeful I can support and help you in your journey, and you can do the same for me with mine.:bigsmile:
  • dan23chi
    dan23chi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great thank you. Always nice to have great support from others.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it really is all about those first steps. go get some new basketball gear. that always makes me more excited about exercising. and go sign up for some kind of basketball league, or the local YMCA or something and find out when they have open basketball hours or something. i joined my local triathlon club, and it was really great to have set work outs i needed to be at. also, since i was new to the area as well, i met a lot of new people and made some great friends.
  • dan23chi
    Options
    Thanks man. Yea the problem here is that they don't have any indoor courts. I've met Co works that like to play but play once in awhile cause they are older. I'm trying to look at videos on YouTube of basketball players that will help motivate me like in the past but it doesn't do nothing anymore.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    maybe it's time to try a different sport? team sports can be great, but sometimes can be difficult. try cycling.
  • dan23chi
    Options
    Never really thought of that. The good thing is that the weather should start cooling down.