What's wrong with my scales?

Options
I usually weigh myself in kilograms, but yesterday and today i decided to weigh myself in stones and pounds too.

I weighed 52.6kg, and 116.2 in pounds which is pretty much the same, however in stone i weighed 8.42, which is equal to 118 pounds...
So then I decided to weigh myself in stone with a 1kg bag of sugar (which I've done before in kilograms and it weighs it at 1kg or 1.1kg dependent on where i hold it), and in stone it weighed the bag of sugar at about 1.4kg.

Does that mean that the problem with my scales is just with the stone function? Which do you think is most accurate (surely they should all be the same, but clearly not...)

ps i weighed myself more than once in each unit, and also did this yesterday too and it gave me the same readings.

Replies

• sophie42222
    Options
    -
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I would say stop doing this and stop over analysing it, you will do your head in.

You are quite slim and do not need to be concerned with an extra pound or two which may be real or not.
  • sophie42222
    Options
    I would say stop doing this and stop over analysing it, you will do your head in.

You are quite slim and do not need to be concerned with an extra pound or two which may be real or not.
    i understand, but im just curious and i dont want to be following an inaccurate weight haha :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I would say the problem is you're weighing yourself to often and getting obsessed over a number that will naturally vary a few pounds hour to hour
  • emmaxbon
    emmaxbon Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ok, I agree with the others that you may be obsessing too much with the scales.

However I think you are reading it wrong too.

In stones and pounds 8.42 is 8 stone 4.2 lbs = 116.2 lbs

ETA: There is always going to be variation in scales depending on a lot of factors. Just follow 1 way of measuring and stick with it.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Yes, as the others have said......you are very light already so there's no need to be worrying about this! :wink:
    If you're in the UK, maybe just stick with weighing yourself in Stones.
    Out of interest, how tall are you?
  • sophie42222
    Options
    Yes, as the others have said......you are very light already so there's no need to be worrying about this! :wink:
    If you're in the UK, maybe just stick with weighing yourself in Stones.
    Out of interest, how tall are you?

Haha thank you, I'm not obsessing at all but I just want an accurate number if that makes sense.
    I'm 5 ft 8.5 :)
  • sophie42222
    Options
    Ok, I agree with the others that you may be obsessing too much with the scales.

However I think you are reading it wrong too.

In stones and pounds 8.42 is 8 stone 4.2 lbs = 116.2 lbs

ETA: There is always going to be variation in scales depending on a lot of factors. Just follow 1 way of measuring and stick with it.

ahhhh thank you, i typed it out wrong when converting it haha
  • jtmh2012
    jtmh2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Trust me, I understand this frustration. I get that if I weigh myself at different times, I'll get different numbers. However, if I step on the scale, get a reading, step off, and then immediately repeat, this number in my opinion should be the same. Instead, I see variations of 2-3 lbs....