New and in need of friends :)

Options
Hi guys!

I'm new to MFP and love that this site has such an awesome community. I'm looking for friends so I can be inspired by your progress and you can hold me accountable for mine. I'm 27, in Michigan, and I have about 120lbs to lose. Anyone have any tips for staying on track when you're stuck in the snow four months a year?

Sam

Replies

• lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Lisa I'm 43 trying to lose my last 27 pounds. Feel free to add me I'm on daily
  • alaskabrat
    alaskabrat Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hola Sammers! I don't have experience being successful in the winter...YET (I live in Alaska), BUT I think I finally understand what to do. I've had a lot of success these last couple of weeks staying committed. :) Remember what makes your body feel good. Crap food always effects me negatively in some way and I finally learned to listen to my body and I feel better than ever! I have about 80 lbs to lose over all, but always take baby steps, reward yourself with non-food items every 10 lbs or 20lbs, whatever you prefer, to keep yourself on track and not get overwhelmed. It REALLY helps! :) Add me if you like I'd love to help motivate you and vice versa! The people on here are great! Good luck!
  • FitnessTrainer69
    FitnessTrainer69 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I would like to help you. I'd need an accurate list of what you eat and what your daily activites are. If you're intrested let me know. I've lost close to what your looking to lose and might be able to put you on the right path.

-J
  • Jordan
    Jordan Posts: 307 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Sam! Welcome to the MFP community! :smile:
  • Sammers48220
    Sammers48220 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Sam! Welcome to the MFP community! :smile:

Thanks! Excited to be here.
  • cecesquats
    cecesquats Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Cece and I have about 110 lbs to lose. I added you :)
  • sjanejack
    Options
    hi sam, i'm sara i have a little more than 50 pounds to lose, then i'll decide if i want to get to a smaller weight or not
    i'm on almost every day, add me if you want and as for the 4 months of snow making it hard to exercise well i just don't know it doesn't snow very much in the state i'm in, and it rarely even snows at all in the part of the state i'm in