Looking for someone with similar goals

Options
My weight lose goal is 70lbs. I often get side tracked from my diet, and its hard to jump back on track. I am a mother of 2, so I can't really go out to the gym or have a regular work out routine. I live too far away from any parks to take my kids out to play at regularly, but plan on moving soon =)

My current weight is 220 lbs
My goal weight is 150 lbs

I want to lose weight through life style changes, eating healthier, eating less, and being more active. I don't want to just diet til my goal and then gain it all back

I know it's gonna be a lot of hard work, and its gonna be tough, but I think I can do it!

Add for support?

Thanks

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I started at a very similar spot. I was 213. I'm 182 now. I have faith in you and would love to support each other in this journey!
  • SpydaChick
    Options
    We're almost twins :) I'm a mom of 2. My kids are older so I have been going to the Y to workout while they are at school.(and I workout at home too) *on week 2* I'm 215lbs and my goal is 150lbs by Oct 2012 I'm in this for the long haul. I recently quit smoking and now my next thing to change is my workout/eating habit life. Not some quick fix that will eventually stop. I recently moved to a new state so I'm far from family and friends. I give up a lot because I'm the only one in my family on this journey. I'm married to an underweight husband who has never been a pound overweight so he doesn't understand the struggle. He tries but it's not the same unless they've been there too.
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 60 lbs. Started 233. Sitting at 221 right now. I would like to get down to 170. I don't have a lot of time for working out; work full time shift work and a mother of one. My secret weapon is EA Sports 2 for the Wii for exercise. It's lots of fun and doesn't feel like exercise but is.
    Good luck. Slow and safely are what I am going for since a quick fix doesn't seem to work for me!
  • MdNp
    MdNp Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is hard to make the time - I am a mom of two and work part time (2.5 days a week). You have to stop making excuses and find your own ways to get fit. I joined a gym in October that has childcare included for 2 hours a day. I also signed up for a triathalon this coming August as motivation to keep me working out. Did I mention I can't (well.. couldn't) swim. So I took swimming lessons and now I am swimming and burning calories as I go....
    Now if only I could stop snacking... hmmmm.....
  • pixie0156
    Options
    you know i am here for you :)
  • KirstayE
    Options
    Pixie0156:: You are gonna be my biggest supporter =) I appreciate you x1000 for everything you have done/do/always will do for me.
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    i know what you mean about not living near a gym or anything like that. so i look up aerobics videos on the pc or if you have the kinnect, get the jenny mccarthey your shape. its really good! i'm also getting ready to invest in some jillian michael dvds (preferably the 30 day shred and 6 week abs) and maybe some taebo...and just switch it up. good luck and i'll be here for you as much as i can!