Is the weight loss noticeable yet?

Options

Replies

• trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Definitely see a difference, keep it up!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I definitely see a difference. Good work! Keep at it!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Face and chin have a visible difference. People who see you every day aren't going to notice. If you run into someone who hasn't seen you for a while, they might notice. Keep it up!
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cindy. I went up to my parents house yesterday for the first time in about 6 weeks, and my mom had commented that she noticed I look slimmer so that is nice to hear from her. As for friends I see regularly, no comments yet, but that is fine. It will come with time as I keep hammering away at this.
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    Yessir it is in deed noticeable without a doubt! Keep doing what you are doing it is working.
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I have never really had "cankles" , but I will take the slimmer ankles!

Lol, I didnt say you had cankles in the first pic, but in the second one i think they defo look slimmer than the first
  • mhlew
    Options
    LOL I know you were not saying I had cankles, just saying I was perfectly fine with how my calves/ankles looked, but if they slim down as well, then more power to me haha
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Yep -- less distance between the belly and the fanny, for sure!
  • funchords
    Options
    Thanks all. Can't wait to get rid of this neck
    My neck measurement was the last one to move. I attribute it to having to support my big head.
  • Tydeclare44
    Tydeclare44 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Looking great brother, keep up the good work!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You can definitely tell in your face/neck. Good luck on your journey, looks like you have a great start!
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat you are in. I've lost 15 and it really doesn't seem to show but I can see a difference in myself.
    To me your arms and legs appear thinner in the picture.
    Just keep up the good work and everyone will eventually notice the new you :smile:
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Now that I can see the piccie, yes you can tell! :)

But as others said people who see you everyday wont notice as quickly.

One time I had gained quite a bit of weight after losing (15ish lbs) and someone told me I was looking thinner.... *facepalm*
  • booboocat1943
    Options
    yea you
  • rshill94
    rshill94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference! Congratulations!

I've started making a difference between "actual" pounds and "photo" pounds!! Since they say the camera adds 10 pounds! I bet you look even thinner in person. :-)
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference. Keep up the great work.
  • mhlew
    Options
    Thanks all. To be honest I was starting to feel a little less motivated lately but this has kinda rejuvinated what I am doing here and what the goal is at the end of the road. I need to continue to that have that fire I had starting week 1. I want this more than anything. Here is a quote for you all below.

People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily. –Zig Ziglar
  • funchords
    Options
    Great quote!

My advice is to look 80% ahead and only 20% behind.

If you're only enthused by what you've done, you're not going to get very far.

Very few noticed my first 25 lbs. Now, at nearly 50 lbs. down, many are noticing (including me) but there are still many who haven't (and maybe won't) say anything. Weight is an uncomfortable subject for many. They say that guys don't care about weight, but I say that some of these guys don't want to care -- they notice but are too insecure to say anything.
  • mhlew
    Options
    I care a lot and think about it daily. This site has really helped me speak my mind because the most part my friends are in good shape so it is hard to relate with someone who is also trying to lose weight. I think that is why I post so much haha
  • shannonkellyy
    Options
    Yes definitely see a difference!! That's the best feeling aint it? :bigsmile: