Looking for fun friends over 40 :)

Options
I'm a 45 years old, over weight and under paid. :) I signed up to MFP about a year ago and didn't really do to much with it, I mostly read the success stories but now I feel I would like to write my own success story so here we go. As the song goes I'm here for a good time not a long time, so with great friends and hard work I hope to achieve my goal. Please feel free to add me, let's get this party started!! ????????????????????????

Replies

• StevenH74
    Options
    Hello, I am 40 and one and a half months. Add me.
    I am male, 183 cm weighing 117.4kg I am looking to lose a fair bit; maybe about 30kg if I can (I have lost 8 so far).'
    I would like to be 100 by Christmas.
  • Jett68
    Jett68 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 40 and one and a half months. Add me.
    I am male, 183 cm weighing 117.4kg I am looking to lose a fair bit; maybe about 30kg if I can (I have lost 8 so far).'
    I would like to be 100 by Christmas.

Well done! You're well on your way. I have some catching up to do.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • Running_down_a_dream
    Options
    I too amd 45. the more friends we have = More accountability . So you all should add me lol.
    Im in north carolina. I do a lot of hiking with my dog.
    My 1-2 year goal is to hike parts of the appalachian trail. I have gone from being out of breath walking from the bedroom (computer room) to the kitchen or bathroom. To multi mile hikes in parks and wilderness state parks. I love being out side now.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40. I've lost some weight, but my love of vodka is making hard to drop the last 20ish. I'm trying to care...
  • Jett68
    Options
    Hi! I'm 40. I've lost some weight, but my love of vodka is making hard to drop the last 20ish. I'm trying to care...

OMG tell me about it! Have you tried the new chocolate vodka in paralyzers? I have to walk an extra two miles a day just to have one but so worth it.
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    Feel free, I'll be 52 this month... but feel younger. :laugh: :wink:
  • Jett68
    Options
    Feel free, I'll be 52 this month... but feel younger. :laugh: :wink:

Awesome, I need someone to make me feel young! Oh wait I am younger. :)
  • gbklvr
    gbklvr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 and I started again last week. I'd like friends my age too. I was talking to a friend today about how vintage we feel hearing bon jovi in the oldie station. Lol
  • Jett68
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 and I started again last week. I'd like friends my age too. I was talking to a friend today about how vintage we feel hearing bon jovi in the oldie station. Lol
    I need to run and step on the scale, you're already down one pound. Well done girl!!
  • RunnerStephe
    Options
    Does over 50 count?
  • BluenoserGal
    BluenoserGal Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fellow Canuck, 44 here. Lost 15 in and 20lbs since July. Getting there, slowly but surely! Overweight and well paid, does that count?

;-)
  • Jett68
    Options
    Fellow Canuck, 44 here. Lost 15 in and 20lbs since July. Getting there, slowly but surely! Overweight and well paid, does that count?

;-)
    Ok, you can count but you buy the next round! Great job on the weight loss!
  • Jett68
    Options
    Does over 50 count?
    Sure and the chocolate covered bacon is a sure in :)
  • Brenda4105
    Brenda4105 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I didn't know worked at the same place I do! I am under paid, over worked and over weight! I lost 68lbs last year and then gained 30 of it back.
    I started back about a month ago. So far only about 2lbs lost so far, but plugging on. Slow but sure will get the job done.

Add me as a friend/supporter. We can make the struggle together.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'm over 40, and I'm either fun, or if you're not into complete and total smart-*kitten*-hood or general douchebaggery then I might just be pain in the butt. Either way, you can add me if you wish.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    LMAO….45…overworked 365 days/year, NO pay, NO vacation, No sick days, No time off…Yup, SAHM. Some benefits that are awesome, but a lot of head banging. LOL...And it's not from the music. BTW…Bon Jovi on the Oldies station is just wrong! Same with Thomas Dolby and Duran Duran. Wrong, I tell ya! Send a request if you'd like :-)
  • cpeacy
    Options
    Anyone can add me as a friend I am always looking for more support. It would be nice to get to know more people my age (43 by the way).
    :smile:
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 46 and also a Canadian as well :). I have lost 20 lbs, but I have managed to add a few of those pounds back on :( .Add me if you wish.
  • Jett68
    Options
    I didn't know worked at the same place I do! I am under paid, over worked and over weight! I lost 68lbs last year and then gained 30 of it back.
    I started back about a month ago. So far only about 2lbs lost so far, but plugging on. Slow but sure will get the job done.

Add me as a friend/supporter. We can make the struggle together.

Sounds like a plan! 2 pounds lost so far is great! You can definitely do this!