Hit first goal weight ever!

Options
First of many to come!

It's the first time I ever reached a goal weight or stayed with a diet as long as I have. Most of the time by week 6-8, I quit. Just hit the 13th week last Friday!

I also hit my first weight loss goal of 25 pounds and it's on to the next one! Why 25? Fitbit says to make smaller goals in the 20 pound range so I figured I would go with 25 pounds and just stick with that. Also, if anyone wants some Fitbit friends, hit me up -- https://www.fitbit.com/user/27BW3G

Some people say they can notice a difference, I really can't yet although I did need to buy new clothes (apparently when you lose weight your pants get longer?!??!) but maybe at the second goal weight (50 pounds) I'll take some progress pics.

Have a good day everyone!

Replies

• spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a victory! Keep at it!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    It's better to make smaller goals...sort of "trick" your mind into joining the program. Makes it easier to pass the 6-8 wk mark if your mind is really into it. :-)

Congrats!
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    So great!

Funny, I was just talking to someone today who does the same thing as you. She has 75 pounds to lose and she said it was just too overwhelming to think about that.
    Her doc encouraged her to make her first goal just 10 pounds. It worked for her.
    She's now lost 57 pounds.

Awesome job!
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! well done on reaching your first goal weight. Even though it may not have sunk in yet, you should be really proud of yourself :) I hope I'll be able to say the same soon.
  • SofiV79
    SofiV79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and good luck with the new goal!

I've done the same thing - three macro goals (under 200lb, under 12 stone (168lb) and 10 stone (140lb) - 38lb / 32lb / 28lb lost) and many micro goals. Keeps me motivated when there's only xlb to the next goal. Hit the last micro-goal last week (UK average BMI) and am now chasing 11 stone (154lb).
  • steveyinasia
    steveyinasia Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Terrific, well done...more goals to come I am sure.
  • RickChurch
    RickChurch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the GREAT work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!