weight loss plateau.... please help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    I stopped calorie counting ...I consume about 400-700 calories daily.

You're eating more than you think. 400-700 calories/day is below what was fed to concentration camp victims, and none of them hit a "weight loss plateau" until they were completely emaciated and nearly dead.

Time to start logging properly.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    calorie cycling...worked miracles for me....was stuck in a plateau for 3 months of hard core dieting did a week of calorie cycling and jumped right out... I would do Monday 1,100 Tuesday 1,200 Wednesday 1,300, Thursday 1100, Friday 1200 Saturday 1300
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    IMHO 400 is waaayyy too low.

When I did the Medifast 5 & 1 Plan it provided approximately 800 to 1,000 calories per day and 80-100 grams of carbohydrates, depending on your personal selections. My cardiologist had recommended their program. But it wasn't for me for a variety of reasons (including the fact I didn't like some of the food).

I love using a calorie app. - I started on 12/1/13 and have had little difficulty staying on my plan. I have kept a low target of 1000 and will adjust higher as my activity increases. Low targets have also made me watch "choices" carefully. But again, I don't know of any medical professional that would say 400-700 calories as a consistent daily diet would be healthy.

Hope you do well...but I would re-consider the numbers you are talking.
  • kawasakininja13
    kawasakininja13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posts. Get a calculator and work out your basal metabolic rate and reassess your caloric intake, and eat more! Good luck