Workouts to keep me interested

Options
Hey guys!

I have a treadmill and stationary bike in my apartment, but I get bored incredibly easily. I feel that I can improve my weight loss and over all strength if I incorporated different exercises. At the moment, my sister and I are starting the 28 day squat challenge. I'll be using weights as well but do you guys recommend anything else that I could do at home?

If so, would you mind including recommended reps ? I'm 5'0 and my goal weight is 115lb. I'm not close but I'm also in no rush. I want to do things the healthy way as well as in a way to give me a challenge I won't get bored of.

Thanks so much in advance =]

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    run or ride a bike outside. you'll have a harder time getting bored.
  • badcemom
    Options
    Zumba on Wii, Xbox, DVD, or whatever you have... If you have a Roku or Amazon Prime, there are exercise channels/programs.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You really just have to find something that is fun to you. Exercise equipment bores me to tears. However, I love music, so I really enjoy Zumba. I also love Kickboxing, strength training, and relaxing yoga. YouTube has a ton of workout clips. You might want to try searching there to find some things you enjoy!
  • yasminroseee
    Options
    Zumba on Wii, Xbox, DVD, or whatever you have... If you have a Roku or Amazon Prime, there are exercise channels/programs.

Yeah, I was thinking about buying some video games that are not only fun but give an amazing workout! I'm guessing you have Zumba. Have you really lost weight using it? I don't have any friends that have tried the video game route.
  • yasminroseee
    Options
    You really just have to find something that is fun to you. Exercise equipment bores me to tears. However, I love music, so I really enjoy Zumba. I also love Kickboxing, strength training, and relaxing yoga. YouTube has a ton of workout clips. You might want to try searching there to find some things you enjoy!

I love kick boxing as well!!! I used to do it for fun a while ago but I definitely need to get back into it. I never thought about youtubing workout clips though. Good idea!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    There are also sorts of workouts on youtube.

As for video games for weight loss, I used some last year.

I had:
    Dance Central (Xbox Kinect)
    Just Dance (Xbox Kinect)
    EA Sports Active 2.0 (Xbox Kinect)
    Gold's Gym Cardio Workout (Wii)....it's cardio boxing

This is my progress post from last year:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1100730-191-days-of-mfp-47-8lbs-lost-35-2lbs-to-go?hl=191+days#posts-16987716

Currently working on getting back to where I was in the last pic. I ended up pregnant and as such gaining some of the weight back. I don't have the video games anymore, because my husband traded our systems in so he could get a PS4.
  • Sweet_Lady_4
    Sweet_Lady_4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I lost a good amount of weight, and I was doing so many different things that it is hard to pinpoint what made the difference, but I wanted to let you know that one of the things I did regularly ( because it was fun and didn't seem like "work") was playing "Just Dance" regularly. I also used a treadmill regularly at least twice a week for about 45 minutes at a time but I was definitely religiously playing one of those games and completing at least three songs per day. Dancing is fun! Blow of some steam and get some calories burned too, try it out!
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I also live in an apartment and I reccomend T25, you get a different workout every day and there is also a modifier so if you live above someone you wont be doing too much jumping.