Your worst/most embarassing gym experience?

Options
2»

Replies

• sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    "I will unrack all the plates from ONE side of the bar, THEN I will take care of the other side of the bar. Seems like a rational idea."
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I came back from a workout and put my smelly socks in my pocket. Hopped in the car which my brother was driving with his friends.
    Unfortunately, the not so pleasant smell invaded the car and my brother pointedly asked who was the stinky one. Among sympathetic nods of his friends, I sheepishly removed the socks from my pocket and put them in my bag.
    It was funny because in a car full of dudes, there was just one girl and she probably smelled the worst. :tongue:
  • SalQOG
    SalQOG Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    passed out while using the treadmill. Woke up on a bench with bunch of bruised all over me
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Have fallen of the treadmill twice - I'll be going along great then I seem to lose all co-ordination and forget how to walk. Also nearly knocked myself out once - my keys were on the floor next to the exercise bike, bent down to pick them up and smacked my head really hard on the handlebars.

I like to tell myself that no one has noticed any of these happening :laugh:
  • jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    After pushing myself probably harder than I should have, I was super shaky and weak feeling (definitely hadn't had enough water that day either...whoops). I walk into the locker room and try to unlock my locker to get my stuff and go home. I can't for the life of me remember my lock combination.

I go to the front desk (thank god this was during the staffed hours at my 24 hour gym), and get the front desk guy to cut my lock off my locker. But first he asks "do you have the combination written down somewhere?", "Uh, yeah, on my phone which is in my locker. Oh, and at home, but my keys to both my car and my apartment are in the locker."
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    When I was 19 my brother in law and I went to the gym as support for someone else. We got bored and got on treadmills and started racing. Our heart rates were way up and (yes totally dangerous) we kept going. Finally we had it turned up so high that my BIL got a cramp and fell and went flying backwards into the wall. I started laughing and that knocked off my flow and I flew back on top of him. It would have totally embarrassed me now, but not then. We laughed, and coughed, and laughed and laughed. Then we limped home. lol
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I bent down to tie my shoe before class and threw my back out. I was only 25, that shouldn't have happened!
  • sheahughes
    sheahughes Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was doing a PT session (one of my first ever) and we were doing really high step ups...

Somehow I stepped down but didn't step down properly and fell flat on my *kitten*...

My PT still hasn't let me forget and we now joke about it whenever I have to do step ups...
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I put my purse in my locker, locked it up, and went to work out. Later on when I came back in, I'd apparently forgotten which locker I put it in, only I was absolutely 100% SURE I knew where it was. I ran out crying to the desk telling them that someone had broken into my locker and stole my purse.

ETA: My gym has the automatic combination locks - no personal lock required, just spin a number and that's it.

I felt so stupid when the desk attendant opened up all the lockers and it turned out to be on the other side of the locker room. :noway: :blushing:

Luckily it was a Sunday afternoon and there was only one other woman in the locker room - and I haven't seen her since. Thankfully.
  • jessicatrogers1
    jessicatrogers1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was at the gym walking on the treadmill in a very full gym. I also had morning sickness. So suddenly I jumped off the treadmill running across the gym to go throw up in the bathroom. Funny how no one looks at you running on a treadmill. But if you run across the gym everyone stares. I didn't go back the rest of my pregnancy.
  • oldantired
    oldantired Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My gym uses spray bottles of disinfectant for the equipment. After using the treadmill one day I began spraying it down and inadvertently sprayed the woman on the next treadmill. It surprised her and she let out a little "Eek" and said she planned to shower but not until she was done working out. I apologized profusely and slunk away.
  • rhtexasgal
    rhtexasgal Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I accidentally farted in my trainer's face. I was doing planks and he was sitting to the side on an exercise ball talking to me. I wiggled weird and he thought he saw a spider on my back so he bent over to swat it off. He has really bad timing. I let loose as he bent over me. The fart wasn't loud but it did smell ( I ate kale salad the night before and it always makes things smellier the next day). Luckily, there was no spider!

I was embarrassed a little bit but mostly, the rest of the workout was a wash because I could not stop giggling and my trainer (a very intimidating looking large black man, former body builder) also couldn't stop laughing. He told me it happens all the time ... of course, the next training session, he gave me a small can of air freshener and a bottle of Beano as a joke. Gotta love the body humor laughs!
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I accidentally farted in my trainer's face. I was doing planks and he was sitting to the side on an exercise ball talking to me. I wiggled weird and he thought he saw a spider on my back so he bent over to swat it off. He has really bad timing. I let loose as he bent over me. The fart wasn't loud but it did smell ( I ate kale salad the night before and it always makes things smellier the next day). Luckily, there was no spider!

I was embarrassed a little bit but mostly, the rest of the workout was a wash because I could not stop giggling and my trainer (a very intimidating looking large black man, former body builder) also couldn't stop laughing. He told me it happens all the time ... of course, the next training session, he gave me a small can of air freshener and a bottle of Beano as a joke. Gotta love the body humor laughs!

lol thats the best one yet.
  • jelkins2000
    jelkins2000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Last night I was listening to my iPod while on the treadmill. I moved my hands in a way that hit the headphone wires which knocked my iPod down. The timing was perfect. Just as the iPod was falling down my foot was taking it's next step. The two met perfectly and I kicked my iPod about 10 feet in front of me underneath a treadmill a person was using. I'm sure he thought I was crazy as I ran up to him and reached under his treadmill! Oops.
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I have two!

In Taekwondo, we warmed up by throwing kicks as we moved across the room from one side to the other, four people at a time. It was a hot summer day, and the dojang was a sweaty mess, as were we. Halfway down the mats, I go to throw a high front kick, and SLIP! I fall right on my behind instead. The children waiting on either side erupt into giggles, and the grownups are trying to hide grins. It's not particularly impressive when you're a bodan...

The second was in karate. It was again a hot day, and I wasn't used to the humidity in NJ yet. I always push myself hard in my training, because I was taught long ago to treat every kick and every punch as if it were your last. So we're - again - doing drills, kicking up and down the dojo floor... and the next thing I know I'm opening my eyes on the floor. >_< SUPER embarrassing to have passed out in the middle of class, and worse was that my Sensei made one of the guys pick me up and carry me into the cooler hall, and Mrs. Sensei spent the rest of the class fussing over me. I don't like being taken care of to begin with, and I HATE looking weak. And because we're all friends, I spent the rest of the summer being asked if I was feeling ok during class, even when I was just fine. -_-