hi!

Options
I am new to this forum. I am ready to try anything. Mostly, I wanted an easy way to track my calories and this looks like it may be it. I also wanted community support. So anyone is welcome to help me. :smile:

Replies

• sherryboeding
    sherryboeding Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am new to this forum. I am ready to try anything. Mostly, I wanted an easy way to track my calories and this looks like it may be it. I also wanted community support. So anyone is welcome to help me. :smile:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!

You've made the right choice by coming here. You'll love MFP! It's full of fantastic people who are a powerful and inspirational resource, like a family. We're all here to help! :heart:

Glad to have you :flowerforyou:
  • sherryboeding
    Options
    Thank you for making me feel welcome.
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome! This place is fantastic! Track calories, carbs, fats, exercise, and get support in most any area you need. I've lost 14 pounds since July 1. MFP is "My Favorite Place" for losing weight and getting in shape!

You'll do great!

Marti
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile: .

I love to give tips and they are:
    1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Wishing you much success :drinker:
  • prairiemom
    prairiemom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Sherry, and welcome!
    You came to the perfect place to help you lose weight! Between the easy to use food diary, and all the wonderfully supportive people here, you WILL lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy! It's also fun and very addicting!
    I recommend logging all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. You might also want to weigh and or measure some things, such as meats, instead of just "guessing".
    Drink lots and lots of water too! It really helps!
    Good luck, and welcome to the family!!!
  • lsalazarii
    lsalazarii Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the best place to help you lose the weight. No one will make you feel bad if you fall of the wagon for a day. There is so much support, you will want to do well. Every question will have an answer and there will be many congrats for each goal you reach.

Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • cherlyann
    Options
    welcome
    :flowerforyou:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    welcome.
    this is a great site with a lot of support, and it is very easy to track calories and exerices.
    good luck. :smile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You'll love it here! Best wishes in your weight goals!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Tracking is so easy and fun here! Welcome to your new lifestyle change! You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • sherryboeding
    Options
    Wow, you are really doing good. I regained 30 pounds lately when I was ill so I am back to getting those off, plus a lot more.
    Way to go.
  • Carole1939
    Options
    Welcome aboard.

I have only been with the program two weeks and it is a easy one to follow.

Just be sure to list anything that goes past those pretty lips.:laugh:

Good luck.

Carole
  • sherryboeding
    Options
    Thank you Carole and everyone for the support. I had recently ordered the Coheso digital handheld calorie counter but it seemed difficult to use. That is why I looked online and this is what I found. 3 good days so far. I have worked out every day and so far, it is telling me today I am not consuming enough calories, based on 45 minutes exercise.
    Sherry