Have you become more disciplined?

Options
abbeyjones1994
abbeyjones1994 Posts: 188 Member
I've noticed that since I started becoming more disciplined in watching what I eat and exercising, I have also become more disciplined across the board. For example, I don't think that before I started MFP, I would have taken the time to clean my apartment every week, read all of my reading assignments for class, and be motivated to attend all of the optional meetings for a club I am in at school. I think it ties into enjoying life overall more, but I also think there is the same kind of "I know I will benefit if I do this..." mentality that comes with calorie counting and exercise.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i don't think i have.
  • danielleespin
    danielleespin Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Yes I have!! It's getting easier to stick to it the longer I do it :bigsmile:
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yes- I never saw that benefit coming. It was always my Achilles heel.

I am grateful for that unintended benefit, because I was searching for that trait for 44 years :)

Fsunami
  • StevenH74
    Options
    It has started slowly for me but it is getting better. I think a big part for me is that I haven't had an alcohol in nearly 4 weeks. This has led me to become more focused and have more energy. I also have more time to do stuff in the evenings as I am not wasting that time drinking.
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    This was definitely (as Fsunami puts it) an unintended benefit
    At the end of the day it is all about discipline.

At the end... Freedom happens! :smile:

Keep going op!:drinker:
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    not even close.
    lol
  • shannonkellyy
    Options
    It has started slowly for me but it is getting better. I think a big part for me is that I haven't had an alcohol in nearly 4 weeks. This has led me to become more focused and have more energy. I also have more time to do stuff in the evenings as I am not wasting that time drinking.

I'm with you on this! I was drinking so much throughout the summer, and once I stopped in the last few weeks i've realized that I've gotten so much more accomplished, and never feeling hungover the next morning is a way better way to start the day.