I hate to eat!!!!!

Options
It doesn't matter what I put in my mouth, junk food or healthly, it all feels so heavy in my stomach. But now I am hearing that you have to eat to lose weight. I cant stand it!!!! I can actually watch my belly grow with every bite. This sucks.

Replies

• Linden459
    Options
    I feel the same way. I feel like my body is getting bigger just by eating say an apple. I don't know why but it drives me crazy!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    It doesn't matter what I put in my mouth, junk food or healthly, it all feels so heavy in my stomach. But now I am hearing that you have to eat to lose weight. I cant stand it!!!! I can actually watch my belly grow with every bite. This sucks.

I hate food to. :-( Everything I eat makes my tummy hurt. :-(
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Your body needs nutrition. Just like a car needs gas.

I worry about people who say they hate to do something that is so important to survival. I'm not saying to eat until you stuff yourself, but one should eat enough to stay alive.

I felt like you once many years ago and suffered from an eating disorder...I hope you are ok :-)
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    This is a really alarming thread. I hope you people who say you can see your belly grow with food take some time to reflect on why it is you think that way, whether this is healthy perception to have, and whether you are in control of these thought patterns. If not, you may want to talk to someone about it.
  • BirdsofaFeather
    BirdsofaFeather Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It is unhealthy not wanting to eat things that will help your body. Mentally and physically. We can all relate at some point or another; but once you take care of yourself you will feel better and look better!
    If you can't wrap your mind around this then maybe a counselor would be a good step. So many of us go through this stage but you must overcome it!

Good luck.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    People! What are you eating? I feel that way about certain foods. Anything processed, grains, some dairy, candy bars and cookies and stuff like that. But really? Chicken, beef, fish, fresh veggies, avocados, nuts, almond butter, fruit? If you really hate eating why are you on a site that helps with weight loss? You must be emaciated! I don't mean to sound sarcastic or rude or holier than thou, but I just don't get it!
  • That_Girl
    Options
    People! What are you eating? I feel that way about certain foods. Anything processed, grains, some dairy, candy bars and cookies and stuff like that. But really? Chicken, beef, fish, fresh veggies, avocados, nuts, almond butter, fruit? If you really hate eating why are you on a site that helps with weight loss? You must be emaciated! I don't mean to sound sarcastic or rude or holier than thou, but I just don't get it!

Sometimes when people have been heavy and lose their weight, they don't want to eat because they fear becoming overweight again. It's not so much a physical issue as it is a mental issue. When you are in their situation, it doesn't matter if it's an apple or a candy bar. It just becomes food that can turn into fat (good or bad).

Maybe I'm assuming too much but I don't think these women hate eating, I think a more appropriate title for this is "I'm scared to death of gaining weight (again)."

Much love.
  • rbcool
    rbcool Posts: 20
    Options
    This is a very dangerous and distorted view of food.Food is necessary to sustain life. You may be developing an eating disorder that is dangerous to your health. It's best to get some counseling early on. your physical and menyal health may be at risk.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Ok. I understand that. Thank you. If it's more of an emotional thing I can understand. But eating healthy food shouldn't make you feel physically uncomfortable.
  • That_Girl
    Options
    Ok. I understand that. Thank you. If it's more of an emotional thing I can understand. But eating healthy food shouldn't make you feel physically uncomfortable.

You are right. Which is why this post triggers alarms for me that this is more of an eating disorder.
  • rbcool
    rbcool Posts: 20
    Options
    You may have a distorted body image. Why not share your feeling about your body with your doctor and see what he recomends?
  • juliedk
    Options
    i didn't read every response ... but i can say, from experience, this sounds like a mental thing ... it sounds like anorexia ... that's right ... ANOREXIA ... you might want to seek help ... quickly ... anorexia does bad things long term to our bodies ... oh, and don't give me any 'fluff' about 'i'm not anorexic' ... like i said, been there and done that ... it took me over 20 years to admit that's what i had ... i didn't realize anything was wrong or want to admit it ... SEEK HELP!!!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I have been there. I used to binge eat in high school..crazy binges...on healthy food. I would eat like 3 apples, a banana, some melba toast a whole container of cottage cheese, maybe some broccoli then I would either throw up, or at least try to or do the exercise binge. It didn't happen often but when it did it was pretty extreme. When I got "better" from all that I still exercised but didn't really know what to do with my food intake anymore. I never got really big but being short I was techinically in the "overweight" category for my height. I started watching portions etc but always, always , always felt tremendous guilt when eating "treats". MFP has helped me so much to be able to enjoy food and have an healthy relationship. Most of my foods are pretty healthy. I try to eat fruits and veggies and get proteins from nuts etc. I don't eat meat for texture taste reasons. I LOVE peanut butter...far above chocolate. I have found that I can allow myself to eat when I see how much I have earned through exercise. I have found that I can allow myself to eat and actually enjoy when I look at the 90% of food choices as fuel for my body so that it can be awesome and powerful. I have learned that when I have room in my calories and make good choices through out the day/week that I no longer feel guilty when I have a reese PB cup. It has taken a lot of work emotionally over the past 20 years to understand how to savor food, eat when I am hungry and stop when I am full and to savor the choices that I make to have a treat, whether it be a beer or ice cream or reese or some decadent cheesey dish...my body needs the fuel for tomorrows awesomeness....Work your plan the best you can. Make incremental changes. If you never ate breakfast start with a flavored rice cake...not to filling, tasty, low in calories...get yourself used to those healthy habits a tiny bit at a time. your body will thank you. Go to a snack...maybe have a small handful of nuts or my favorite is to put about 10 almonds (yep ou better believe I count them and 10 is about 1/2 a serving) and a mini box of raisins. I eat them slowly ...one at a time for a snack...get some fruit and some protein...for low cals. On long run days I will raise it to a ful serving of nuts etc . As you make little changes, one at a time you can start to feel less heavy and weighed down and more empowered by your choices. Hang in there..i.t gets better
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I also second the notion that if you are having a difficult time overcoming this and if you are really not eating at all then some outside help might be helpful. I had some help way back when. I did not like their approach and almost got "better" just so they would leave me alone....it was all outpatient...but as an adult I have seen a counselor a handful of times when things were pretty tough for one reason or another....finding someone that saw me as a person and not just an Eating Disorder helped me a lot.