Open Diary, need (kind) advice!

Options
In the last 6 weeks I have cut my carbs from the suggested amount (something around 180) down to 50/day, and still try to get my calories in for the day. The last 3 weeks have been very slow - down only .2.

Can someone please look at my diary and let me know what I can change.

PS - I am not asking you to judge me. I know I'm fat, and I need to lose weight.

Replies

• sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    your diary is not open
  • MyWitchySelf
    MyWitchySelf Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hon, you will need to open your diary to the public. Are you eating alot of processed foods rather than a "cleaner more natural" diet?
  • mjean1229
    mjean1229 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry, It's open now.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Your logging is inaccurate. Days/meals are missing, macros don't add up, you aren't using a food scale. You're probably eating more than you think.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I was only able to see one full day (yesterday) and you went over your calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I only looked for two weeks and you have so many incomplete or "over" days.
    Weigh and measure everything! Be consistent with logging. Good luck!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of low-carb but if it suits your way of eating then great. If you have carbs set at 50g and want to stick with that, I'd seriously consider upping your fat macro. Your fat goal seems low to me, even for a balanced diet so in a low-carb situation it's my understanding that it should be even higher.

With 50g carbs, I'd be really careful with your intake, favouring fruit, veg and whole grain so you get enough fibre.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I didn't even bother looking at your diary, because 2 pounds in 3 weeks is good. I don't see any need for any changes !!! Keep doing what you're doing
  • mjean1229
    Options
    I didn't even bother looking at your diary, because 2 pounds in 3 weeks is good. I don't see any need for any changes !!! Keep doing what you're doing

2oz in 2 weeks! Not good :(
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options

I believe it's .2 not 2lbs. But since a lot of days are not logged, I suspect the OP is eating a lot more than she thinks.

OP, do you use a food scale?
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're going low carb? Personally for me, I LOVE carbs so I could never give them up and I haven't had a problem losing.

If you are set on going low carb, you still need to monitor your calories. A lot of people think going low carb is enough but if you are not eating at a defict, you will not lose. Make sure you weigh all your solids with a food scale and measure liquids.

Your logging doen't look consistant either. You really can't tell if you should expect a loss if you are not consistantly logging EVERYTHING.

ETA:
    My advice is work on logging better, make sure everything that you eat gets logged, every day. And if you haven't already, invest in a food scale and weigh everything.

One other consideration would be to look at what you have your activity level set to. Make sure you were honest with yourself when you set it. (You didn't say what it was at or what a typical day for you is so I'm not sure if this could be a problem but you may want to think about it).
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Since your profile is private, which is perfectly fine :), no one can see what your stats are. Yes, I can now see your diary, but how old, how tall, what weight currently. I'm asking because you are consuming a rather low number of calories according to your diary.

That being said, I'm sure in reality you are probably eating more than you think if you aren't weighing your food. I'll give an example...I looked a few days back and there as an entry for avocado, one half Hass, 100 cals. Yeah, nope. Bet if you weighed that out and used the usda weight to cal entry you'd find it's more cals than 100. I mean, think of it this way. How could every single Hass avocado be the same size and have the exact same number of calories? It isn't possible, which is why so many people on the forums suggest weighing out food when people are stuck and can't figure out why.

And P.S. - no, it doesn't have anything at all to do with "clean eating". BS term is bs. It's about how many calories you consume versus how many your body needs and if you are truly creating a moderate deficit. Feel free to check my open diary and the ticker below ;)
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreement with the majority. Lots of incomplete logging, doesn't look like you are using a food scale, and a lot over over calorie days. I would suggest getting a food scale, measure all the solids you eat and go from there. Log everything because that's where a big problem is.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Its says .2 lbs with how much she says she is eating, she should have lost more than .2 lbs in 3 weeks.

OP logging is all over the place. Missing days. Be consistent and log everything you eat every day. Weigh and measure everything that goes into your mouth. Keep up with it!
  • mjean1229
    Options
    Is there a reason you're going low carb? Personally for me, I LOVE carbs so I could never give them up and I haven't had a problem losing.

If you are set on going low carb, you still need to monitor your calories. A lot of people think going low carb is enough but if you are not eating at a defict, you will not lose. Make sure you weigh all your solids with a food scale and measure liquids.

Your logging doen't look consistant either. You really can't tell if you should expect a loss if you are not consistantly logging EVERYTHING.

I decided to go low carb because I love carbs too much! And the more I eat, I feel bloated. I know one of my big problems is not logging everyday, well usually weekends!I will attempt to work on that!!

I wish I could eat more fruit, but I am deathly allergic to 90% of fresh fruit. Sad.
  • soopaang
    soopaang Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Looks like a lot of gaps in logging. The devil is in the details so you really want it all on the table when researching your diary. One thing I do see is that you could be adding a lot more veg and fruit to your meals. It helps you feel fuller and gives you the nutrients you need. I know you want to stay low carb but you will have some good options with a hearty salad.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You need to be consistent with your logging, every single day, including weekends. Weigh everything.
    Be patient.
  • soopaang
    soopaang Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ah I see the allergic to fresh fruit. I've known someone like that too and that stinks. Try broth based soups in addition to your meals to help fill you up and LOG IT ALL! Just keep going, it's a journey. You're not "fat" the same way as you won't be "skinny" by the end of this. You will just be "you" so don't get hung up on the lbs lost so much because that is what makes us feel like a failure when we aren't losing the weight we want to see.
  • princessmommy122
    princessmommy122 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You are eating lots of processed foods. I would also drop the fast foods and high fat snack foods. The avacado and the eggs look good. Try less cheese and more lean meat (unprocessed), like skinless chicken breast and fish (baked or broiled, not fried, not breaded). Add some nuts (raw, unsalted) and more veggies, looks like you could use more fiber. Try to stick to or under your fat, carb and protein goals not just calories. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

I decided to go low carb because I love carbs too much! And the more I eat, I feel bloated. I know one of my big problems is not logging everyday, well usually weekends!I will attempt to work on that!!

I wish I could eat more fruit, but I am deathly allergic to 90% of fresh fruit. Sad.

I get that. Just remember if you want to keep the weight off, you need to do something that you can do for the rest of your life. If you love carbs so much, what happens when you hit goal? Do you plan to never eat carbs again? If not, you may what to think about trying to retrain yourself how to eat now.

That's how most people regain the weight after a diet. Most people will go back to eating the way they did before but guess what, that's how they became overweight to begin with. I'm not trying to get you to change your method, just food for thought.