Replies

• Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I weigh 134 lbs but my goal is to lose few more pounds
  • jojomoe523
    jojomoe523 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    i'm 182 down from 360. i can't wait until i am exactly half the woman i used to be!!! my final goal is 175.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    260 down from 330. It doesn't bother me to tell people, they act so surprised when I tell them how much weight I've lost, and can't believe how heavy I actually was.

Yeah, this. Probably the biggest surprise on my journey so far
  • alijoanxo
    alijoanxo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I would never tell people my weight before but now I'm kind of proud to tell. Because I know the work that was put in to get to this weight and it's a huge accomplishment. As far as telling people to "stay accountable" I don't do that. I don't think there would be any benefit in doing that for me personally.
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    SW: 239
    CW: 227
    GW: 140

its a fitness app, why wouldn't you show your numbers?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I tell everyone. Literally, everyone. I probably annoy people after telling them two or three times. BUT I went from 176 to my current 125 lbs. Maybe never being SO big is why I'm more open about it?

That or because I'm where I want to be now. I didn't share my weight much when it was 176 or even 150. I'm much more confident saying I WAS that, now I'm this. If that makes sense...

I can share now too, and I think for me it's because I'm where I want to be now. At my highest, I was just over 200 pounds, and I wouldn't have shared that if my life depended on it at the time. NOW, I'm 130 to 135 depending on the day, and I'm okay with that.... and don't care who knows. :)
  • BUTIgirl212516
    BUTIgirl212516 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 120 lbs. Down from 140 a few months ago (hardcore gained the freshman 15 last year)
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    46 year old male, 6'0"

SW: 276

CW: 269

GW: 223

Always willing to accept FR's from those who are actively losing and accountable. Add me if that's you.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    December 2001 I was 333. Lost almost 140. Over the next 12 years I gained almost 40 back.
    Started here in may of 2014 and have lost 32 with another 25 to 30 to go.

So

Sw 333
    Start again weight 239
    Cw 207
    Gw 180
  • mizzbugsy
    mizzbugsy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow!! It's so neat to see and hear everyone's opinion! I feel ashamed and embarrassed that I've let myself go this far. (268 in March 2013, started a lifestyle transformation on September 1st, 2014 weighing 257) So I don't tell anyone, but it has been a topic of conversation recently with my husband. He asks, and I tell him he's crazy. He can see me. He see's how heavy I am. He knows I won't let him attempt to pick me up for fear of injuring him. I won't tell him my weight because I don't want him to be disgusted or turned off by a number. I do, however, feel having that information could be valuable if only he knew what we were working with. He's extremely encouraging already. An amazing man. He is my accountability partner in everything we do. We bounce ideas off of each other, we work out together, live and play together. It's just a curious thing that I've heard numerous times recently. Claim you. Be accountable for who you are and what you've become. Let others support you, knowing everything, keeping nothing a secret. It's so hard tho!!
    Thanks for everyone's input!
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I found it REALLY HELPED me to be "out" with my current weight and my weight goal.

The more people around me (family, friends, coworkers, random strangers on the street (just kidding)) who knew about my goal made it harder and harder for me to not keep going.

In the past when I've tried to lose weight I kept the numbers secret, so I wouldn't be humiliated if I failed.

This time--the final time--I had to be utterly vulnerable to humiliation in order to help keep me on the straight and narrow.

I started at 419 pounds, last weekly weigh in (Sunday mornings) was 162.5 pounds.

I want to remain within 5 pounds of 165 pounds for the rest of my (hopefully long) life.

I've made my weight and other health-related goals public on a Google Docs spreadsheet: http://bit.ly/1mLRZvd

Frank
  • clewpage
    clewpage Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sharing my journey with anyone who asks. It's been up and down, but I learn something new with each new set back.
    After being an athlete my entire youth, I maintained a fit and muscular 135, size 4/6 through about age 20. Dropped down to 115, size 0/1 around age 21, slowly crept up a bit each year until I hit 175 at 27, the year my mother passed. 60lbs in 6 years...and I attiribute it all to beer, processed meals, and lack of exercise.

Ultimate GW prior to turning 30 - 135, size 4
    2005 SW - 175, size 14, age 29
    2005 achieved - 136, size 4/6, doing South Beach diet
    Maintained at 140 for 1.5 yrs, size 6
    2007 high weight - 161, size 10
    2008 achieved - 140, size 6
    New goal weight adjusted for my age - 140, size 6
    Current weight - 144, size 6/8
    Height - 5'2"
    Age - 38
    Currently TTC.
  • rumpleteaser1
    rumpleteaser1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It is personal. But if you don't share it with others, at least keep track and weigh in so you are at least accountable to someone: YOU! I started at 204 a year ago, got to 174, slid back to 189 and now I am on track again and am at 184. My goals are to get to130 & to keep it off! It is a lifetime battle, for sure!
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    Options
    HW/SW: 255
    CW: 188
    UGW: 115-130 haven't decided yet
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Admitting to myself, family and friends how much I really weight before I had lost? Hellllll no. As the weight came off, everyone was SO supportive and awesome, it really does keep me accountable. Like most people though, the actual number I am trying to get to is less important than how I get there, my health, and sustainability once I get there.

... I'm more proud of the fact In the past eight months I've gone from 48+% body fat to finally below 40%. That may seem insignificant, but I'm pretty happy about that. I play football, so staying healthy and strong is the most important thing overall.

SW - 245 (240 on MFP)
    CW - 208
    GW - ?? I think I have it entered as 160.
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't mind doing mine. I do find it helps me keep mindful of my weight.

My highest ever three years ago was 220, dropped down to 165, up to 200, down to 189.5 now.

And I fessed up to my boyfriend who thought I was 170.... Bless his heart!! :)
  • Bobbie2466
    Bobbie2466 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't think telling my weight to anyone keeps me accountable but I don't mind telling my weight to my son or husband. I also have told it to other people if asked about it because a few of them wanted to lose weight also. I let other friends know I was losing weight. My starting weight was 196 lbs. and last Friday when I weighed in I was 155.6 lbs. :smile:
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was 223 now I'm 197 and proud of it I even have a pic of my weight as my screen saver on my cell, it's kinda of a whenever I see cake I glance at it and tell myself it's not worth it type of thing lol
  • jfeakins
    jfeakins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's just a number. If someone asks I'll tell them. This number doesn't define me, nor is it a gage of my health or fitness level.

Starting weight 291+

Current Weight: 225

Goal Weight 120

^^^^This... plus, I figure people can see me whether they know my weight or not, so what's the difference.

HW: 137
    CW: 133
    GW: 125
    LW: 127

Having said that... I've looked much leaner at 132 than I have at 127 because I put on some muscle, baby!! I'd rather weigh more and look better, am I right?

... maybe I should skip the goal weight.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind people knowing my weight. I'm 156 right now, about 5 pounds less than my avi photo. Not that anybody was asking, but I probably wouldn't have volunteered the number (202.5) before I started losing weight. My husband knows my weight because I usually tell him after my weekly weigh in.