Replies

• ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    when I started lifting.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Saw changes right away, both in the mirror and in my clothing ...... never said anything to anyone ....... it took losing 25 pounds before anyone verbalized it ......

I was excited to see the weight coming off ...... excited to buy smaller-size clothing & donate the larger-size clothes .....

I went to the gym nearly every day to do cardio, weights, Zumba, and yoga ......

And I was happy to hear nice comments !

But ...... it's been a few years now since I lost & kept off that 40 pounds ....... really need to buckle down & get rid of those last 10 pounds ....... just to satisfy myself ..... and the doctor :smile:

Keep on truckin' !
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Like so many other posters I don't see it in the mirror. One of the reasons I'm terrible trying to take selfies. LOL
    Though I do feel it in my clothes and even see it in the form of my muscle tone. Recently holding my 3 yr. olds hands to pulling her back in forth in the pool I can't get over how muscular my arms look.

Another great post by the way.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting. I need therapy.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Not so far. I'm still fat, just not 320# fat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I'm still waiting. I need therapy.
    We can go together and save money on gas.
  • iamuniqueiam
    iamuniqueiam Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 102 pounds down now and I don't see it when I look in a mirror. Every once in a while I'll catch my reflection in something and I'll notice it then, but staring in a mirror.....I still look/feel huge. I keep hoping the mind will catch up to the body soon....
  • tzdani
    tzdani Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I'm struggling with where I am. While I've lost a significant amount of weight, get compliments practically every time I go into the office and am getting close to my goal, I don't actually feel different. I had the opposite problem of most people... I didn't really feel as big as I was. And now, even under my "most of my life weight" of 160, I wouldn't say that I feel thin. I'm shocked at some of the sizes I'm having to buy (I don't remember being an 8 since I was in high school and am certainly not at that weight - sizes are getting bigger to make us feel thinner, but I'm not buying it!) and the other day, two dresses that I bought I felt made me look thin, but until I find a way to get rid of the belly...

Weird thing is... I never wanted to be skinny. Guess I got my wish! lol So... not sure if this is a good or bad thing. I mean, if I didn't hate myself before and don't hate myself now, what's changed? Other than being obsessed with calories and exercise?
  • ememelle
    ememelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost and gained and lost a few times, but I think one of the earliest things I noticed was my hipbones. I was laying on the couch with my laptop on my stomach and realized it was resting on my hipbones instead of the fat on my stomach.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I don't see myself as smaller. I've even taken pictures and I can see it in my forearms, face, butt, and a bit in my thighs but that's it. I don't feel smaller by any means. But Saturday, we had the funeral for an officer that was killed in the line of duty and I saw a lot of my old co-workers there. They said I looked very trim and thinner. I had one girl I worked with that was constantly on fad diets call me a b*tch for losing weight. lol she said it jokingly and told me she is proud of me. I guess since I haven't dropped a pant size, I'm in between an 18 and a 16 (why can't they make 17s?) I figured I'm not any smaller. But I did just order a large shirt instead of an XL because I'm starting to swim in XL shirts. I'm just back and forth I guess. lol
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!

I want to congratulate all of you for your amazing accomplishments!!

I noticed when I could feel my collar bone and when I was sitting in a hot bath relaxing one night I could feel my butt bone on the bottom of the tub.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Doctor says I've finally lost about 20 lbs but I never noticed anything different (looks, feeling better, etc.) until this afternoon, when I was told that I lost 6 of those 20 lbs. Now I feel significantly lighter and think I look a little bit smaller than before. Of course, I'll have to compare and take one more measurement tonight, but this is a huge start!
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!...You are awesome...and Thanks so much for sharing those Pics...IMHO...Pics never lie....It can go both ways...the Pictures show us when we have Gained the weight....:sad:
    BUT Pictures can also show us our SUCCESS in this weight loss journey....:drinker: .....Keep us updated....
  • beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    OP you have such a great attitude and spirit!

i remember when i first dropped down a full size i really felt great. and that was at about 30 or 35 lbs down. now that I'm at 50 lbs down i don't really feel any different i almost feel like the good feelings of the weightloss have faded and back to "old overweight" me again. when i hit 50 lbs it was almost anticlimactic as i didnt feel any different. this could also be due to maintaining my weight all summer when I've been trying to continue to lose.

i'll get there but it is definitely a work in progress and constant reminder of how far I've come
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!