Why I won't GOMAD

Options
JoRocka
JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
.... for those of you who think drinking tons of milk is nasty- and GOMAD is gross and a good way to get fat...

commentary welcome here.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Hahaha

I would drink a gallon of milk a day if I could get away with it. I would NOT get diarrhea from it because my stomach handles it just fine.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't because, quite frankly, if I was going to drink all that milk, I'd use it as an excuse to buy a cow and then I'd have to milk the *kitten* every day.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    when i was bulking, i had a trainer tell me he wanted me drinking a quart of milk a day. *dry heave*
    i struggle doing milk on a regular basis - i have since i was an infant; all types of milk, too.

PASS ON THAT.

:sick:
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking milk a few years ago - I get all of the vitamins and calcium that milk provides through other sources, so there really isn't a reason to drink it besides taste.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Hahaha

I would drink a gallon of milk a day if I could get away with it. I would NOT get diarrhea from it because my stomach handles it just fine.

because milk is super delicious- I would do the same.... but yeah- I can't- far to many calories on my cut- I actually sadly just switched to plain almond milk (I almost exclusively use it for coffee and dunking oreos- and if I can have oreos and dunk them and eat just one more- instead of having a glass of milk- but rather almond milk- makes up the calories- I'm game.

cutting sucks.

Because milk is delicious.
    I wouldn't because, quite frankly, if I was going to drink all that milk, I'd use it as an excuse to buy a cow and then I'd have to milk the *kitten* every day.
    I'm way to lazy to milk a cow- it's harder than it looks (I had to milk goats before- not so easy LMAO)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    My 1 year old goes with the GOMAW strategy. Gallon of milk a week. She's not fat!
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Is chocolate milk an option?
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    milk-is-a-bad-choice_o_338992.jpg
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I wish I could - oh, to be a teenage boy and drink milk all day and eat all the food :/

I agree though Jo, it would indeed make me fat(ter) :(
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Hahaha

because milk is super delicious- I would do the same.... but yeah- I can't- far to many calories on my cut- I actually sadly just switched to plain almond milk (I almost exclusively use it for coffee and dunking oreos- and if I can have oreos and dunk them and eat just one more- instead of having a glass of milk- but rather almond milk- makes up the calories- I'm game.

cutting sucks.

Because milk is delicious.
    I'm way to lazy to milk a cow- it's harder than it looks (I had to milk goats before- not so easy LMAO)

I've milked them - although mostly on a cluster.

I have also hand-milked sheep to tube-feed lambs...
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    milk-is-a-bad-choice_o_338992.jpg

Haha love it!
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    My stomach (and toilet tbh )would revolt against me if I did that lmao :laugh:
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Can I do a gallon of coffee milk a day? It's the best form of milk. Scientific fact.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Is chocolate milk an option?

I hate having to limit my milk consumption (altho I'm not doing a cut or anything like that!). BUT there's a dairy close to my house and they make their own delicious chocolate milk. MMMMMM, so mutha-truckin GOOD!

But I loves my milk. I was drinking about a half gallon a day when I was preggo with my daughter. She has always LOVED, loved, LOVED milk.

There were times the cravings were so sick I'd go on break and CHUG my 2 quarts of milk in one sitting. I literally had milk pouring down my chin and neck. I still remember the look of horror/astonishment my coworker had on her face that one December morn. lol

Dam milk cravings!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I love milk, but if I did GOMAD, this would probably happen:

tumblr_n74cngdiEf1rvzbdgo1_1280.gif

And I'm female, so that's saying something.

And I have enough toys laying around my house.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    God I wish I could still get away with drinking that much milk. Having to limit myself to one glass a day is just wrong, and having to choose between calories from beer and calories from milk is even worse (no I don't drink them at the same time but if I have a beer with dinner, no milk with desert :sad: )

If I ever get to the point where I decide to do a bulk you can bet milk will fill a significant portion of those calories! :drinker:
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    What about if it were in the form of ice cream? I'd be all over that.

Except I'm on a deficit and it would be years before I ever needed to bulk (and I still doubt I could handle foodz + a gallon of ice cream a day). :sad:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I think the female equivalent should be LBOCAD - large bar of chocolate a day

I think that ought to give any female weight lifter just the right size of calorie surplus for muscle gain with female testosterone levels.

some might call this wishful thinking!! :laugh: ......... but someone should come up with a formula for exactly what quantity of chocolate would give the required surplus (assuming all other foods eaten take you to your TDEE)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I love milk and would drink it all the time if I could... but then it would be the only thing I would consume... and yeah, I like a variety of food.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I think the female equivalent should be LBOCAD - large bar of chocolate a day

I think that ought to give any female weight lifter just the right size of calorie surplus for muscle gain with female testosterone levels.

some might call this wishful thinking!! :laugh: ......... but someone should come up with a formula for exactly what quantity of chocolate would give the required surplus (assuming all other foods eaten take you to your TDEE)

Nope, I'd still stick with milk! I like chocolate well enough, but it doesn't even scale close to milk. Now if we're talking cheese on the other hand.......