mini fitness goal met!

Options
lisamfick
lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
This may seem like a small success to some but for me, it's a huge motivation to keep on going

when I first started running on the treadmill about a month ago I told myself that I would get myself a good pair of running shoes when I could run for five minutes straight. Since I could only go for about 30 seconds, that goal seemed so far away. However , this morning i got on the treadmill and did about 15 minutes of walking before i started to run. the next thing i knew i was coming up on four minutes of solid running and i pushed through and made it a full five. Looks like shoe shopping for me this weekend!

Replies

• jessista
    Options
    Congrats!
  • courtneykrueger
    Options
    Awesome! Great job!!! New shoes are a great motivator :P
  • bucky17h
    bucky17h Posts: 120
    Options
    Have fun shopping!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    YAY!! That's outstanding. Congratulations.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're going to need those new shoes because your distances is going to be growing in leaps and bounds!

It was just about two weeks ago that I was on top of the world because I could do 5 minutes. I did 25 today!
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Isn't it a great feeling. I too have a similar story and believe me if you stick to it your will be up to 8, then 10, then more!!! Sometimes it takes that first 5-10 min to really get that adrenaline pumping. Sometimes it is mind over matter and if you just keep coaching yourself and telling yourself you can go for one more minute, then another and another YOU CAN!!!! Great job! Keep us posted!
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Huge congratulations to you!!! It seems like it takes forever to meet what seem like small goals, but patience and perseverence pay off! Way to go!! Great accomplishment :-)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    This may seem like a small success to some but for me, it's a huge motivation to keep on going

when I first started running on the treadmill about a month ago I told myself that I would get myself a good pair of running shoes when I could run for five minutes straight. Since I could only go for about 30 seconds, that goal seemed so far away. However , this morning i got on the treadmill and did about 15 minutes of walking before i started to run. the next thing i knew i was coming up on four minutes of solid running and i pushed through and made it a full five. Looks like shoe shopping for me this weekend!

To avoid the injuries that alot of people incur from running in the wrong shoes or cheap shoes, get your stride/footstrike analyzed. Do a Bing search for "dedicated" running shoe stores and go to one that offers this type of analysis. They will either put you in a pair of sensor shoes or video you on the T/M from behind.

If you can't find one near you or they charge for the service(unlikely), go to this site:
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/

The customer service is superb and two day shipping is free as well as return shipping if necessary. I buy my shoes there b/c they are cheaper than anywhere else I found online.
  • bluetinker31
    Options
    Thats A Hugh Goal, I Am So Proud Of You! Keep Up The Great Work! Running Is Hard For Me As Well, I Need To Invest In A Really Good Sports Bra, Everytime The Wii Said To Move My Arm, I Said I Cant I Am Holding My Breast...LOL...I Want To Run Too! Thanks For The Topic! :smile:

3923728.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lisamfick
    lisamfick Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was super pumped this morning and am actually looking forward to getting up and getting back on the treadmill in the morning! I never thought I'd hear myself say that :-)
  • purplespeckle
    Options

that's awesome! i can feel myself getting stronger everyday too. great feeling huh? woohoo congrats! ps get a cute pair!!!!
  • Dunham2005
    Options
    CONGRATS that is so awesome, I just started running on the treadmill as well.. I set a goal of running a mile but it seems that I did really well the first couple days and now im down to speed walking because it burns just as bad but I can breathe a little easier!! Good Job and keep up the good work!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!