Bikini advice! (Particularly UK users)

Options
Evening all,
My husband and I are going to Cuba in the new year, and I am determined to wear a bikini for at least some of our time there. My problem is that after having lost just over 9 stone last year I still have a bit of a belly (at just under 10 stone and 5'5" I think it's probably mostly excess skin). I'm a size 10 on my top half, but would probably need a size 14 (maybe bigger) to make sure my belly is covered. Given this combination, I'm going to struggle to buy a "Plus size" bikini that fits both top and bottom, and am reluctant to buy a "normal" size bikini in a larger size, due to the different way that they are cut. It would also mean buying from a store that I could buy a bikini as two separate items.
So... long story short, but does anyone have any advice about where I could start looking for something suitable? I'm a bit baffled as to where to start!
Thanks for any help or advice.
Jane

Replies

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I know you asked for UK users but I thought I'd chime in. I would say look for something like this http://www.unique-vintage.com/vintage-inspired-1950s-style-black-red-cherry-print-two-piece-swimsuit.html

I think I still have a pic of me in the same style just differnt pattern on my profile. It's very forgiving and looks great on EVERYONE! I was 150lb when I wore mine and I think I looked pretty good.

Word of caution, if you do go with this exact suit (or any of the others with the same cut, different pattern) they run very small. I was in a US 8 and needed a 12 to fit.
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll need a plus size as most places do the tops and bottoms separately. I have loose skin on my stomach, but with bikini bottoms that come a little higher no one would know, Boden twist bikini bottoms have been the best ones I've bought, my friend swears by M&S, but I tried every one they did this summer and they were never quite right. ASOS had a lovely range of those 50s style high waisted bikinis not sure if they still have them. We are all different shapes so it really is best to try on as many as you can.

Congratulations on your weight loss and I hope you have a lovely holiday.
  • MissCassieHughes
    MissCassieHughes Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi ... So I have quite large boobs and I have this drama as well, I went on holiday to Bali recently and needed quite a few bikinis. Marks and Spencer's had quite a few nice ones, id recommend their outlet store, bravissimo are great as well, I also took 2 Ann Summers bikini's as well. I also don't really like my stomach. I also have a huge butt but I found them quite flattering!! I hope you have lots of fun and well done on the weight loss!!!