oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I also add a packet of Splenda and some cinnamon. Adding a little bit of peanut butter gives it a great flavor. There's pretty much almost anything you can do to plain oatmeal, whether it's adding fruit or cinnamon or Splenda...or butter, apparently.
  • padigirl
    Options
    Cook the oatmeal with water and frozen berries. Then add Coffee-Mate Fat Free French Vanilla coffee cream and a pkg of splenda. Its so good!
  • garydale
    Options
    Add two parts oatmeal and one part cream of wheat for a creamy great tasting dish. Then sweeten and/ or garnish as desired.
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with some cocoa, stevia (less processed than splenda) to sweeten it up, add peanut butter - mix together with a little water - you can heat it up or eat raw... :) YUM!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Baked Oatmeal? It's a different texture. It's my favorite. I'll make it on Sundays and it will last me all week.
  • FlTGlRL
    FlTGlRL Posts: 239
    Options
    Sounds delicious Jen!
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    Thanks everyone! I've got tones of new things to try now.
    I have to admit that I was going to just make cookies with them...LOL But now I've got a lot of "healthy" ways to eat them.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    My favorite is blueberries and cinnamon but I recently saw a post on MFP that I plan to try this week: Unsweetened coconut and 100% pure cocoa. Add splenda if desired.
  • theatr3geek
    Options
    USE APPLESAUCE TO MAKE IT THICKER!!! mmm. delicious.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Bill Phillips has a cookbook called "Eating for Life" that has a recipe for chocolate oatmeal and it's not bad!

1/3 cup Quaker Oatmeal
    1/2 cup Water
    2 tbsp Low Fat 1% Milk (I use more milk, less water)
    2 tbsp Smooth light peanut butter (I think I cut that in half)
    1 scoop Protein powder, chocolate flavor

Directions
    Mix protein powder and oatmeal. Add water. Cook in micro-wave for about 1½ minute. Fluff the oatmeal, add milk and peanut butter.
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    frozen fruit. You can get fruit mixes (berry blends or strawberries and peaches) or single types of fruit in the freezer section. They keep a long time and you can just add it to your oats before you microwave them. Blueberries turn it a very pretty color imho.

This sounds sooo good. Definitely going to try it.