Mom's workout

Options
I'm a single mom with 3 young children and I would like to know of some good workout I can do from home?

Replies

• melissapoulin
    Options
    walking, playing carrying.. all burn calories.. i do my workout after the kids go to bed at night. currently i am back to doing wii fit again. i am a stay at home mom of a 3 yr old, and 9 month old twins, so i know all about how fitting in a workout is tricky
  • daniellvecchione
    Options
    Lots of good workout video's from Beachbody. I have done Turbo Jam, Slim in 6, P90x, and currently doing the Brazil Butt LIft. I also really like the Jilian Michael's 30 day Shred...super good workout in a small amount of time! Good luck!
  • desire2inspire
    Options
    I am not a mom yet, but I am a total advocate of Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred! LOVE IT! It definitely gave me a workout and it is just 20 minutes so I find it easy to squeeze in even on the busiest of days ;)
  • jtgill
    jtgill Posts: 48
    Options
    Not sure how old your kids are or what they are in to BUT there is baby yoga DVD's you can use your infant as a weight, do exercises with them :) And my daughter loves to dance so she does Zumba with me!
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I have to agree on 30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels!! Love it!!! Awesome work out in 20 minutes! I am also using Burn Fat Boost Metabolism by her too. Really great work out, 60 minutes
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I second the Beachbody videos. I am friends with quite a few moms, and I have seen first hand that when mom exercises, the toddler wants to join in. So it can actually be great for everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I only have one child so thankfully I manage to get to the gym 3-4times per week but on the days that I do not go to the gym I walk uphill with my buggy very very fast. I also make sure that when I go to the shop I take a rucksack and put all the groceries in there and speedwalk home with it on my back instead of piling it on my buggy.
  • Phoenyxlove
    Phoenyxlove Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am a stay at home Mom of my 21 month old daughter and also have a 14 month old daycare child during the week. I bought the zumba DVDs and do it with them right in my living room! I usually just do the 20 minute express but I get in a good little workout while they have a blast dancing to the music!