How much do YOU weigh?

Options

Replies

• spacemegaforce
    Options
    My weight doesn't generally come up in conversation but I've mentioned it to my boyfriend once or twice and maybe my sister. It's just not something I talk about though. I talk about my exercise and health habits if people ask about them because they're curious or whatever. My heaviest weight was around 170 or 180 but I didn't start myfitnesspal and exercising until around 152 or 155. I'm teetering between 139 and 140 most days, the weight I lost before myfitnesspal came off when I ended a relationship which meant all my bad habits (drinking every weekend, eating pizza, etc) stopped.
  • Rachinator92
    Rachinator92 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 230.8 as of this morning... Down from 260.

On my way to 150 and who knows if I'll lose more than that... Goals are set to be met and bam... more goals created.

I don't feel held accountable though, no.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    A month ago: No thank you.
    Today: Why not?
    Tomorrow: Who knows...
    this!!! :laugh: SO this!!!:tongue:
  • kotarea
    kotarea Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Sure why not... I have worked hard...

SW: 189

CW: 127

GW: When I am finally fit and tone
  • candidcamster
    candidcamster Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a big believer in accountability, my start weight when I joined was about 306, my highest has been 350 (pre mfp) and my current bounces between 261.6 and 266, I'm so over the yoyo. I'm proud of how far I've come but I still have just under 120 lbs to goal and for this year I want to weigh 240 so the cheat days need to end.
  • lemonlime006
    Options
    My weight seems an odd discussion because for me, my goals are no longer weight related. I care more about my BF% than I do my actual weight. Because of that, when my body composition changes, and people notice, they'll say they can tell I've lost weight, but really, it's not much, if any, but my BF% has changed. I don't want to validate a desire to always be losing weight because some people are far to concerned with it, (my personal opinion, I feel some people are already thin, and still focus on losing weight). I can't imagine a person being over 5 feet and weighing under 100! If someone comments on it, I usually just say "Thanks, I've worked really hard at it!" which is the absolute truth. I also have people that are still on their weight loss goals tell me that I am too focused on it, and call me skinny. (Which I'm sure is meant in a positive way? but I can't help but dislike the phrase). I'd rather be thought of as "fit," or "strong," or as my husband says, "durable, like you won't break." Skinny to me implies thin, but not much else.
  • becky4m
    becky4m Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not shy here! 150... 145-149 is my goal.
  • swolf19
    swolf19 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!! keep up the hard work!
  • CWonder003
    CWonder003 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I will tell people if they ask, but I try to focus on how much I want to lose. I don't mind telling anyone the number out of vanity (currently at 120 lbs), but it quickly becomes annoying when they go "OMG you're already so tiny! I haven't been 120 in years! You don't need to lose weight!"

The thing is, I am under 5 feet tall, so NO, I am not "tiny" for my height. I am quite curvy, and I carry about 20 lbs of extra weight, which looks like more on my petite frame.

If I gain just 5 lbs, my clothes no longer fit. Taller people can carry the weight better, so they don't understand why it is so important for me to watch my weight.

If I know that I'm talking to someone who is sensitive about their weight, or obsesses about the number on the scale, I don't like to say exactly how much I weigh, just that I'd like to lose about 10-15 pounds. It always gets really awkward when they hear 120 lbs, and become extremely focused on how low that number is *for them*, and forget that for me 120 lbs is not thin.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    my ticker says it, but I'm 135 right now
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    185, down from 475. Maintaining within 3 pounds of 185 for 15 months. Logged every bite for over 740 days.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I kept it a secret from everyone but my husband. Right now only my two best friends and some family members know how huge I was and where I want to be. But I've decided that I will be announcing my weight loss on my Facebook next month which is my starting weight anniversary because I feel it might help someone else start their journey to a healthy life.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    135. An utterly meaningless number without knowing my age, height, gender...
  • MorgenAmour
    Options
    140-145 :/
    I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks.
  • elle2max
    elle2max Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My highest weight was 394 lbs. Now I weigh 220. If someone asks me, I'll tell them, even though it technically is no one's business but my own. I'm not ashamed. After all, I'm not finished losing yet.
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I usually only tell people how much I have lost but I don't mind it.

SW - 323
    CW - 242
    GW - 170
  • shank35l
    shank35l Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weighed about 205 throughout high school
    Got down to 172 while in the US Army
    ...until the IED recovery at BAMC and I gained weight to reach 248 lbs
    Currently at 270lbs

My goal is to get back to what I considered my optimal fighting weight of 190
  • GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I only ever talk about weight with my partner or people on MFP. In most other cases I would not tell someone how much I weigh. I guess it would depend why they wanted to know and how close my relationship is with them.
  • msbartron
    Options
    i was 200 i am at 196 after a week :flowerforyou:
  • kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't mind sharing my weight, but I don't think it's really a way to hold myself or anyone accountable, as I see results sometimes even with my weight going up, due to water retention and muscle gain.
    Example, in may before I got married I weighed 123 pounds. I hadn't worked out for 6 months. Now I weigh 128-130 depending on the day, but my measurements are smaller and I'm way less flabby, due to the fact that I try and do cardio at least 4x a week and do yoga on the days when I don't go to the gym.
    I guess my point is, don't put too much emphasis on weight-muscle ways more than fat.