• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    light active recovery.

Or use a different area of body
  • cindy26ae
    cindy26ae Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do exercise while sore, but focus on a different area of my body. However if i have been sore for a few days and have rotated back to that area I might as well since it has had a few days of recovery at least already.
    Great progress so far btw.
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Go to the pool, it is a great work out and won't have any hard impact on sore muscles.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm still sore from hitting the platform on Sunday, but I'm still about to go do my training. I find the more I move, the less overall soreness I feel.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Depends on how sore I am. I'm just starting, but I'm not going to push my body when it's telling me to slow down. I want to be able to continue exercising instead of injuring myself and being out for longer. I did 5 minutes of stairs like 2 weeks ago, and I thought my lungs were on fire. The next day I was still coughing, so I just stretched. Same thing (though not as severe) happened after my first 3 mile walk about 4 weeks ago. The next day I lifted some light weights, did some crunches, and planked for 20 seconds.
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yep. I lift every other day, and I'm often still sore from my previous workout. Sometimes I take it easy if I'm really sore... meaning I don't go for a new personal best. But I usually just go after it like usual. :smile: I have goals and stuff. I don't want to waste time not training. :wink: