That awesome moment when...

Options
What are some of your success stories?! One of mine happened this morning. My roommate asked me how much I have lost so far. It is always a nice feeling when someone notices your hard work!!

Replies

• mandymack14
    mandymack14 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    That's excellent! Good for you. :happy:
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I realized I made it 30 days so far. At first I thought I wouldn't make it for a week. It's easier now. I am not saying it is easy, just easier.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Very nice!!!!!! Congrats.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I realized I made it 30 days so far. At first I thought I wouldn't make it for a week. It's easier now. I am not saying it is easy, just easier.

Totally! I am at 35 days today and it is definitely much easier than I anticipated. For me it's because my only goal is to count and stay under my calories. Without any added pressure of not eating certain foods, the counting cals thing is no big deal.

Another awesome moment for me - I just bought these shorts in early July and they fit great for most of the summer. Waaaay too big now though. I can wear them around the house but not out. Feels great!
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The old 'skinny jeans' when on without undoing the button...
    The airplane seat had room.... walked square down the airplane isle for that matter...
    Stairs NO problem... hell tying the shoes EASY...
    Completing my first 5k walk..Next month will run my first 5k..
    Inspiring 2 other people to lose 70+ lbs each...
    Conquering emotional binge eating... I CAN STOP at one cookie ...

That's just the ones I can recall off the top my head.
  • lindainprogress
    lindainprogress Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I realized I needed new underwear because mine looked "loaded" in back!
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Going from no cardio and in under a year finishing a 10K one morning...I started on my normal run and pulled a Forrest Gump, I just kept running.
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    a friend tells you how awesome you are looking and that she almost didn't recognize you in the car! :0)
  • btanton27
    btanton27 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I went back to the store i used to work at 2 years ago to help out for a few weeks and the regular customers either didn't recognize me or kept asking how much weight I've lost. Umm... Quite a bit? I kept forgetting how long its been since I've seen anybody in that town lol
  • radario
    radario Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    A friend who hadn't seen me in person for a year asked me how I had finally started shifting the baby weight. I was the same weight as when she last saw me - but I had gained 15lbs since then before finally pulling emergency break on my weight gain and losing almost exactly those 15lbs before the trip. In my mind I had been thinking no one back home would notice as I was almost the same weight has when they last saw me, maybe a couple of pounds less. But although it's a small difference, I have started weight training and honestly, I do look better than when I was last at this weight. Really knowing that put a spring in my step :)
  • boohe65p
    boohe65p Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Four notches smaller on my belt.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    It was a long time ago, but for sure one of the best moments so far ( probably because before it was always related to embarressement, huffing, puffing, sweating... )

The moment I got on a plane and instead of squeeeeeeeezing myself into the safety belt, I had to tighten it :bigsmile:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    The first time I was able to cross my legs at the knee! I still get a kick out of it.
  • Sheets76
    Sheets76 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The old 'skinny jeans' when on without undoing the button...
    The airplane seat had room.... walked square down the airplane isle for that matter...
    Stairs NO problem... hell tying the shoes EASY...
    Completing my first 5k walk..Next month will run my first 5k..
    Inspiring 2 other people to lose 70+ lbs each...
    Conquering emotional binge eating... I CAN STOP at one cookie ...

That's just the ones I can recall off the top my head.
    How do you stop at one cookie?? Share the secret please!
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!

Mine was getting back into my favorite pair of jeans…they are a super stretchy size 6 (I'm normally a 10 or an 8) but it was a fantastic feeling!
  • Nixygirl
    Nixygirl Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Going from no cardio and in under a year finishing a 10K one morning...I started on my normal run and pulled a Forrest Gump, I just kept running.

Well done!! That's fantastic!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    The first time I was able to cross my legs at the knee! I still get a kick out of it.

You and me both - I sit like that all the time now!

I've got loads, but my latest is realising that I can wear shirts without them gaping at the bust. I've not worn shirts at all in my professional career - I'm looking a lot smarter at work now!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Congrats

Good Luck with the rest of your journey

29509743.png
  • QuincyMo
    QuincyMo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This morning at the gym, the Ironman competing, personal trainer came up to me unprovoked and said that I'd really been "killing it" at the gym! That felt pretty great!

It is so important to take note of the little things, it is the only way to get through to the end. Congrats on everyone's "little" successes!
  • BUTIgirl212516
    BUTIgirl212516 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!

The freshman 15 that I gained last year is officially gone!! And I'm in better shape than I ever was before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!