Housewife Exercise :)

Options
Okay so I'm a housewife and looking to lose weight.

There isn't a gym in my village and I dont drive to get to the closest one...approx. 10 miles away.

Does anyone have any tips on exercise indoors? (I dont feel confident enough to exercise outside yet and the house isnt big enough to get exercise equipment)

I have a Wii with Wii Fit and Wii Sports but it gets a bit boring after a while...

Anyone have any ideas?? :)

Replies

• bunnypanther
    Options
    There are a lot of exercise DVDs out there...have a look on amazon and ebay...really depends what kind of workout you would like!
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Second the exercise DVD idea - I love Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Davina has some good ones
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Youtube is your friend :flowerforyou:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Fitness (Exercise) Blender google search. You create workouts based on what is available and readily accessible to you. Enjoy.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My wife hates gyms, she uses Cathe Fredrich videos. They are pretty hard core, and you can do them in a small space.
  • Kidominos
    Kidominos Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii, try EA Sports Active 2. You can find the complete kit on Amazon or Ebay for cheap now.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    My wife hates gyms, she uses Cathe Fredrich videos. They are pretty hard core, and you can do them in a small space.

I would second Cathe Friedrich. You can download or buy DVDs. She covers a broad spectrum of exercise from heavy lifting to step aerobics, from spinning to HIIT so there should be something that appeals to whatever preferences you have.
  • tinkerbug83
    Options
    I hate going to the gym. What I do is the Jessicasmithtv on youtube, it's walking with some strength moves as well. I'm really enjoying it, so much so that I don't mind getting up at 4:30am to do some exercise.
  • toofatfortoolong
    Options
    you could try the dance games too, they're fun, or just whack some music on and bop around the house.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You tube has many videos. Check out Jillian micheals. Now if those are too intense there are many others.

I also blast music and dance in the house...just not when I have knives in my hands while I am cooking. Don't ask me how I know not to do that. :blushing:
  • toofatfortoolong
    Options
    You could also try purchasing an exercise machine like a bike or x trainer and popping it in front of the tv and watching your favourite programmes whilst doing it, have to confess this is what I do, or I have a big sing along to a favourite album whilst doing it, quite a breathless sing a long sometimes lol.
  • alska
    alska Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    try these guys on you tube ... they are great n have all sorts of workout .. from light to crazy lol

https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender

You could also just go for a walk :)
  • Beanogirl
    Beanogirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about walking?
  • KayleighIsGoingFatToFit
    Options
    Thanks everyone I will give all of those a go :)
  • eyleene
    eyleene Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    use cans and bottles for hand weights , bags of groceries etc ,
  • eyleene
    Options

There isn't a gym in my village and I dont drive to get to the closest one...approx. 10 miles away.

Does anyone have any tips on exercise indoors? (I dont feel confident enough to exercise outside yet and the house isnt big enough to get exercise equipment)

I have a Wii with Wii Fit and Wii Sports but it gets a bit boring after a while...

• eyleene
    Options

My problem with wii fit is that you spend too much time in between some exercises just standing around while it loads or talks etc and thats no good with my feet , therefore i tend not to use it at all
  • CarolinaStar2
    Options
    I do YouTube exercise video's for free.

Search "Walk away the pounds". There are quite a few of those and its amazing how many steps my Fitbit records with those.
  • doesthisappmakemelookfat
    Options
    check out fitness blender online--every form and level of exercise you could ever want. Or DVD are great too, and pretty cheap now.
  • GibbsGirl13072
    GibbsGirl13072 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I second the YouTube idea, or if you have a smartphone there are tons of free apps. I like Sworkit, which is short 30 second intervals of an exercise repeated in the length of time you choose. Walking is also a good exercise, it's free and the equipment is always available :happy: