How much do YOU weigh?

Options

Replies

• jclark051
    Options
    CW 150
    GW 140

I have lost over 20 lbs since April. Currently feeling frustrated/ discouraged due to weighing 145 only 5 days ago. I am expecting my period next week and feel as though I have retained a lot in just several days. I have had a few days where I have gone over 1200 calories per day but have not peaked past 2000, and I have exercized every day. Any suggestions for women who get bloated and put on a few pounds before their TOM?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't mind telling people. I would've kept it to myself when I first started, but I'm happy with my weight now. Telling people how much I weigh doesn't hold me accountable for anything, though. My motivation comes from within; what people think of my weight has no effect on what I'm doing.

I'm 24, female, 5'5", no children.

HW: 165
    LW: 124

SW: 155
    CW: 125.8
    GW: 125

Short answer: I weigh 125.8 lbs. :)
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have had people tell me they think I weigh about 135.... and think really??? I currently weigh 173 BUT I am 6ft tall so I guess it looks different. The first time in my life that I am glad I am tall... LOL :)
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    228.2 as of 6:30am today.

I'm ok with anyone knowing or asking, I've worked damn hard to get there and I'm still working for a better number. It doesn't keep me honest with anyone but myself, that's all that really matters to me.
  • Janet72285
    Janet72285 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am open with some family and coworkers. For the others i would rather not share. I would feel like they were judging me. I am still a work in progress though and may be more open as i get closer to my goal. Who knows :wink:

Hw: 178

Cw: 169.5

Gw: 125 but may change as i get closer
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Why not...

SW - 253

CW- 247

GW- 200 (to start with...will work on reducing beyond that when the time comes!).
  • Andrew2172009
    Andrew2172009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Officially started around 258. Got serious about dieting at 242. Currently 211, trying to get to 190.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Officially started around 258. Got serious about dieting at 242. Currently 211, trying to get to 190.

Has anyone ever told you that they misread your username as "bigboner290f"? No? Just me? :)
  • erikpaulc
    erikpaulc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i don't have much of an issue announcing it anymore. Some days I do get tired of talking about it, but I am proud of it. So here are my stats:

May 2012 - 380 lbs >40% BF
    9/17/14 - 252.9 lbs, 23.1% BF

I have the FitBit scale and weigh myself everyday I am at home. I feel I can then get a feel for what all the food and exercise I do affects my body.

Edit -
    My goals are another story. I have small goals and I feel if I announce them too soon or to too many people, I get feedback, both good and bad. So I announce when I reach one of my goals, but don't usually say what they are beforehand.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sure.

SW - 152

CW - 141

GW - 130 (?)

My goal weight is dependent on me being able to do what I want (I am in a drum corps and teach dance) then a number.
  • nay4444
    nay4444 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Back when I was somewhat in denial about my weight, I didn't want anyone to know because for some reason I thought that I didn't look THAT big. Now I realize that people can see all of it, so I don't mind if people know-- it feels good to get it out in the open because it's a step towards changing it. Currently 289 and my highest was 313.
  • frenchbrunette74
    Options
    I have no problem sharing my weight because then I can celebrate with all of you when I lose!!!

2009 - weight was 298.....lost 110 lbs.

2014 - all that weight has come back because I was following a diet that was impossible to follow for life because it was unhealthy. I am 291 now and I am bound and determined to re-lose those 110 lbs and keep it off for good!!!!
  • Andrew2172009
    Andrew2172009 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Has anyone ever told you that they misread your username as "bigboner290f"? No? Just me? :)

You should change yours to LyndseyLovesD...
  • raquelforbes44
    Options
    241lbs
  • soltris
    soltris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I think it's good to acknowledge where we started from and where we are, and if somebody is curious enough to ask I'll be glad to tell them. My starting weight was 391, and I discovered MFP at 366. Today at 289, I've still got a long way to go but any time I get frustrated by short term variance I just have to look back and see that I've already lost over a hundred pounds getting here and a lot of personal good has come out of the journey so far!
  • hippiechick1559
    Options
    When I talk to people about my weight loss goals and workouts, I usually just say how much I have lost until that point (34 lbs thank you very much!) but so far I haven't told anyone other than my primary care physician my specific start or current weight. I am just not comfortable yet telling people, even close family and friends, how much I currently weigh. But since this forum is relatively anonomyous, this might be a good place to start. When I joined my current gym and did my first zumba class (both Jan. 30, 2014) I weighed 239.6 pounds at 5 feet tall. When I did my weekly weigh in yesterday, I weighed 205 pounds even. I am trying to get down between 105 and 115, and down to 190 by the end of the year.
  • thelazydandelion
    thelazydandelion Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    By stating how much I weigh doesn't make me feel anymore accountable than I already do. I used to shy away from saying my weight until I met my current partner who made me realize that my size/weight didn't matter. I think we make it into an issue, it's only a number and why does it matter who knows?

My current weight is 258lbs and my highest weight was a little shy of 300lbs. I want to lose 100lbs in all but that may change depending how I feel a long the way.
  • cindiolson3
    cindiolson3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No problem sharing.
    SW: 208
    CW: 153
    GW: 147

I am 5'5" and 56 years old with a bad thyroid. I started my weight loss journey on January 2, 2014.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10"

SW: 253
    CW: 156
    GW: 164

It has taken a lot of blood, sweat and tears.....and I could not be happier:bigsmile:
  • classy00
    Options
    SW: 127lb
    CW: 122lb
    Goal weight: 117lb

Not a huge jorney. But some change.