2.5x Bodyweight lifts

We had a thread on the 1,000 lbs club, but that seemed to favor the heavier lifters and males.

Post here if you can lift 2.5x your bodyweight in any lift. If you weigh more, you have to lift more.

I am close on deadlift at 480 but not quite there (2.4x) I'll be there next month.

So let's see those body weight numbers.

Tom

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    because 2.5 x body weight doesn't qualify for heavy lifting??/

color me confused.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    he just wanted a new thread.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member

color me confused.

I think a 150 lbs person doing a 375 DL is equal in accomplishment to a 300 lbs person doing a 750 lbs DL. Get it now?
  • PawnchYoFace
    PawnchYoFace Posts: 2 Member
    why 2.5?
    pro standard for dl is 3x bw and squat is 2x
    i feel like youre just posting for attention
  • tomcornhole
    Whatever. Go post on the sugar thread.
  • arickettsjr
    arickettsjr Posts: 32 Member
    This should be titled 2.5x Bodyweight Deadlifts, lol. Very, very few people are going to be able to lift 2.5x their body weight in any lift other than deadlifts. A 200lb man squatting or benching 500lbs? That's pretty rare. This thread is equally going to cater to the same group of people as the 1000 pound club thread.
  • tomcornhole
    Many people squat more than they DL. Again, if you don't like it, go post on the low carb thread.
  • dbmata
    Lol. Much salty.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    You guys will find anything to argue about won't you? LOL

You start getting into the 2x BW territory that's very respectable IMO.

Also, what is really impressive to me is when someone says they can lift X for a lift AND posts a video of the lift. Totally unheard of on this forum!
  • arickettsjr
    arickettsjr Posts: 32 Member
    Many people squat more than they DL. Again, if you don't like it, go post on the low carb thread.

That's true of course. But how many squat 2.5x their body weight? Again, very, very few. I think it's a great discussion, but it's not going to get much traction here on MFP. Maybe try a website more dedicated to lifting like muscleandstrength.com?
  • dbmata
    You have a point, we should have a vid thread.

Current winner of that one would be JoRocka.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    So, that means I'd have to pull 450. As a woman. Well, that's about 8,576,394 lightyears away, but hey! good goal.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Another useful tool is a composite score like Wilks that takes gender and weight into account. http://wilkscalculator.com/lbs

I am not quite at 2.5 x BW on deadlift. Last 1RM pull was 445 at upper 180s BW. I will test again in a few weeks. And I do have vids (YT channel on my profile).
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    You have a point, we should have a vid thread.

Current winner of that one would be JoRocka.

YAY WINNER WINNER!!!!

I NEVER (scratch- rarely) WIN!!!

WOOT WOOT!!!!

Regardless- 2.5 would be 400 for me- and my max lift is 305 DL- (video have been posted to prove)
    So I'm out.

I guess I didn't quiet get the point since he said "BUT it's populated with heavy lifters and males... because- 2.5 body weigh lifts are again going to be - heavy lifters- and mostly males. so yeah- I'm not sure I understand- maybe just looking for a higher echelon of lifters?

I mean- thats a hell of a lift either way- just- not sure what the point was considering the other one covered it. it was the "but it's full of... " comment that really throws me.
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Best I've ever done on deadlifts is 420lbs x 4 @ 157 lbs
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Leg press. You said any lift. I win.
  • dbmata
    I guess I didn't quiet get the point since he said "BUT it's populated with heavy lifters and males... because- 2.5 body weigh lifts are again going to be - heavy lifters- and mostly males. so yeah- I'm not sure I understand- maybe just looking for a higher echelon of lifters?

I mean- thats a hell of a lift either way- just- not sure what the point was considering the other one covered it. it was the "but it's full of... " comment that really throws me.

Just doesn't want to hop in on the other thread. We're probably not hsld enough.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member

You're just a peach aren't you?

Eat a snickers so you're not so hangry, gosh
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member

color me confused.

I think a 150 lbs person doing a 375 DL is equal in accomplishment to a 300 lbs person doing a 750 lbs DL. Get it now?

That is not equal at all. The 150lb lifter gets a Wilkes of 130.31 for their lift while the 300lb lifter gets a Wilkes of 190.95 for their's. The reason is that strength gain and weight gain do not have a linear relationship. They are correlated but they exist on a curve (law of diminishing returns applies here). The lighter you are, the easier it is for you to lift in comparison to your bodyweight.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member

In my experience, most of those people either squatted high or they lifted in gear (gear helps more on the squat than it does for the deadlift)