What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• QuestEngine
    QuestEngine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I jump rope 5-6 days a week, and shower immediately afterwards. Of course I'm hot and sweating like crazy so I try and take cool shower and get my core temperature down so I don't get out of the shower still sweating. So the NSV is when I notice on those rare occasions when I shower w/o having just jumped rope... I get to take a warm shower! The jump rope/cold shower is so much a part of my lifestyle, that something as normal as a warm shower stands out as special. Seemed neat to me!
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I front-squatted 100 pounds yesterday! :happy:
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    lasting thru 60 minutes of zumba without passing out! lol (and seeing the skinny girl next to me quit because she couldn't handle it)
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Went for my 1 Rep Max's this morning after my first 12 weeks doing SL5x5 (never lifted weights before in my life)

Squat: 365#
    Deadlift: 385#
    Bench Press: 235#

at a body weight of 185...15 lbs shy of reaching the "1000 pound club"
  • zman1313
    zman1313 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was out at the bar with a friend this past weekend when we ran into a high school classmate of ours that we hadn't seen since graduation. Our classmate greeted my friend then looks at me and goes "Hey, I'm Tommy." He was more than a little surprised when I told him who I was LOL. I only graduated 3 years ago and my class size was 140 so everybody knew everybody.

I've also been steadily progressing in the gym. Finally benching 45lb plates now, which was my first major lifting goal. Feels good!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    This is a combo SV and NSV...

I moved 500 miles, didn't track my food for approximately 2 weeks, and I managed to lose 2 pounds in that time frame!
  • pikanchi
    pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was described as 'tiny' by a lady at work, in the context of attempting to help her find clothes for her daughter, and was told that her daughter was 'average, not as small as [you]'. It's still completely bizarre being perceived as small. Relatedly, I was helping a girl try to find jeans with a 28" leg — my store used to stock them, but don't at present. At 5'2", I tend to wear petite/28" length jeans, and suggested a couple of alternative stores (Topshop, DP and Next for petite ranges, New Look for children's), and she responded to the latter suggestion with a 'but your legs are quite thin, whereas my thighs are quite large'. Her thighs weren't, for the record, but I've always been incredibly self-conscious of my legs and my shape (pear), and the idea that my legs are 'thin' is just. Remarkable. Even if it's just by one person's standards.
  • annadjanssen
    annadjanssen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me too!! My husband thought I was nuts when I came downstairs all excited over that!

In response to "My boobs stick out farther than my belly again!!! ????
    ".
  • IvyLuci
    IvyLuci Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It was a work colleague's birthday yesterday so she brought food to our shift today. I joined the celebration, ate a couple of slices of meat (I had already eaten lunch, that's what I could fit without going drastically over my macros). She packed some cookies for me. They looked delicious, but I'm low carb due to insulin resistance. So I have cookies that I'm not supposed to eat and do not want to just throw away.

The NSV: I packed them in my lunch box, put the box in my bag, and let my boyfriend know that he's getting some cookies so I wouldn't eat them. They are still in my bag, and I haven't even obsessed about them as much as I thought I would.
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I finally managed to do unassisted pull-ups. Not just one pull-up, but I knocked out three! It's truly awesome that I'm starting to get psyched about getting STRONG rather than just losing weight.
  • CanadaChick74
    CanadaChick74 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Went to the dentist last night and the guy at reception actually commented on how much weight I've lost. Told me I look great. It felt awesome :)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Saw someone I haven't seen for over 6 months...she told me I look 20 years younger and my face was beautiful. Now, I can ok
    Bly take so much of what she says with a grain of salt because she's a bit of a suck up but I'll still take it. Someone else said I was looking more and more like my daughter...which we've been told her whole life but I agree, it's becoming uncanny.
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    managing to complete 3 sets of full push ups this week, and also not face-planting during chaturanga today which i always used to do.
    so happy!
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Yesterday after I got a new personal best on my squats, a guy asked me if I'd lifted competitively before. :happy: You should have seen his face when I told him I've only been lifting for a month!

Oh, and that weight I put on my shoulders to squat weighed 15 pounds more than I do. :happy:
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Me too!! My husband thought I was nuts when I came downstairs all excited over that!

In response to "My boobs stick out farther than my belly again!!! ????
    ".

Love this!!
  • lvchi1055
    lvchi1055 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This morning I did a headstand in yoga for the first time ever! It was against the wall, but it feels great to start to overcome my fear of breaking my neck. :)
  • CourtLloyd
    CourtLloyd Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did the Jacobs Ladder Stairway Stair Climber for 33 minutes---1,050 steps and 100 flights of stairs! Just last week I couldn't make it 10 minutes! I felt great after and I'm not sore today! Feeling really good!!
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have definitely reached the point where I need some new clothes-- my swimsuit top is WAY too big for me around the sides and I can barely keep it on when I go swimming. All of my yoga pants are starting to bag as well. Yay!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!