I was able to jog for 15 minutes straight today!

Options
May not seem like a lot, but that was a first for me!! I have been working toward my goal for over two months now. (Been on mpf for a month) in that time I have completely given up soda, took my endurance up on my elliptical from 5 minutes to 30-45, then kept up with the rpm speed it wanted me at, then started walking along the beach ( I live right along the gulf coast) and now today added 15 minutes of light jog to my walk that has now become an hour long!

I may not be appearing to shrink, but I'm so proud of all the accomplishments I have made so far, fitness wise!

Replies

• nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Those are some incredible achievements, you've done so well. Jogging is something I've never been able to do so go you!! I gave up soda as well and I know how hard that was.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    May not seem like a lot, but that was a first for me!!

Doesn't matter, you earned up to it. Good job. Keep healthy and be able to build up. :)
  • godswill206
    Options
    Really good! I tried the elliptical for the first time the other day and could barely do a minute and a half. So, congratz on your 15 mins of running. It's a great start.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah! Go get it!
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Congrats on that. I know how that feels, when you are finally jogging and it's longer than 30 seconds.

I kinda miss the treadmill. Ever since I stopped doing that because of the old knee, I'm kinda feeling nostalgic. It's gonna be a long three months until I get that surgery.
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    Way to go! I've worked my way up to 10 minutes, so I know how awesome it feels to go so long and far! :) Keep it up! :)
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Keep going!
  • jessicamcfarland165
    Options
    That's such a huge thing, don't minimize it! I had that experience last year, worked up to 20 minutes and never ever would have thought that was possible! I let it slip and I'm dying after 4 now, but I'll get it back! Great job!
  • Asherah29
    Asherah29 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • SpecialKH
    SpecialKH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's way harder than I thought! In April I could only do 7minutes on the elliptical at 6mph - Now I can do 30 and was able to do the whole 5K (3.15mi) in 30 so I signed up for a 5K. So I went to a park and decided to do a 'real' 5K run and OMG - barely ran 2/10 of a mile! (Best guess...) I alternated running/walking (mostly walking) and did nearly 30 miles but geez - I don't think I'll be ready for the 5K in time. I was hoping I could actually run the whole thing - I'd come so far! 45 pounds down and so much fitter!

I'll get there. Happy for your achievement! That's great!
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That is an accomplishment!
    Don't minimize it girl!! :flowerforyou:

Awesome job!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! high five!!
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others as we are all different. Compare yourself to yourself. By setting realistic goals you should see improvement continuing. Nice job!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing great.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    May not seem like a lot, but that was a first for me!! I have been working toward my goal for over two months now. (Been on mpf for a month) in that time I have completely given up soda, took my endurance up on my elliptical from 5 minutes to 30-45, then kept up with the rpm speed it wanted me at, then started walking along the beach ( I live right along the gulf coast) and now today added 15 minutes of light jog to my walk that has now become an hour long!

I may not be appearing to shrink, but I'm so proud of all the accomplishments I have made so far, fitness wise!
    Good for you!! I pretty much started the same way, I'm now up to running a full 2 miles without walking. In two weeks I will be running a 5K. Keep up the good work! Any progress is good progress.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Excellent!

I can run about 7-8 mins then need a short walk break then can run 7-8 mins again. I'm trying to get to 5k with just running, not doing so well so far
    On a treadmill I can run for a full mile before needing to walk, I think I push myself more on there.
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    YOU ROCK!! Keep it up!
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! I had contemplated jogging but when I came to a spot where no one was around at all, I just did it. and kept going and going. I pushed myself the last few minutes and was so glad I did!
  • Summer4677
    Summer4677 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep pushing, I started running/jogging for one minute at a time and now I'm up to four miles.