Do you log condiments?

Options

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,423 Member
    Options
    That's the method I use as well, or just try to pass on the condiments I have to log so I don't have to worry about those extra cals.

Yup. I log brewed tea and coffee, heh.
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I log everything except dry spices. Ketchup and ranch dressing are my Achilles heel. I love both and use one or the other on pretty much everything. If I didn't log it, I could easily go over my calorie count by 100-200 every day. I use a food scale to measure it so I know how much I'm using.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I don't use a lot of condiments, but I log in exactly what I do use.

I only log in dry condiments (spices) if I'm using a lot of them - which is rare. I never ever add salt to anything, but I love my Montreal Steak Season on grilled shrimp :)
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I try to remember to log it all, but I don't worry much if I forget to log things like hot sauce or mustard, which are very low or even no cal.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Relish, Mustard, Ketchup - always, they can add up very quickly... especially ketchup

Herbs and spices - almost never... I mean... it's easy to put 50 g of ketchup on a dish (even 100 g is easy), but I could never put 50g of pepper or chilli or parsley in a single serving of a dish.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    It's not really necessary to log stuff like mustard, ketchup, or other ones that have low to zero caloric content. I do so that I can really keep track. Stuff like mayo, ranch, or high sodium items, I usually log a little bit more than I actually eat.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

I only log in dry condiments (spices) if I'm using a lot of them - which is rare. I never ever add salt to anything, but I love my Montreal Steak Season on grilled shrimp :)

Montreal steak seasoning is AMAZING.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    As a personal rule I don't log anything that has fewer than 25 calories per serving. I know that maybe they add up if you pile them on or use them frequently (which I don't), but I think psychological health is also a factor here. I refuse to take it to a level that could become a real obsession. Nothing, not even fitness, is good for you once it's been taken to a level that constitutes real obsession. I choose to take a more casual approach to it in order to ensure that doesn't happen.

Exact same.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I think we should, 'specially ketchup. Mustard, well, I don't, but I will next time. Sometimes I forget the others.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    As a personal rule I don't log anything that has fewer than 25 calories per serving. I know that maybe they add up if you pile them on or use them frequently (which I don't), but I think psychological health is also a factor here. I refuse to take it to a level that could become a real obsession. Nothing, not even fitness, is good for you once it's been taken to a level that constitutes real obsession. I choose to take a more casual approach to it in order to ensure that doesn't happen.

Exact same.

I agree Early. We need to keep the crazy factor in check.
  • vegkitten
    vegkitten Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I log it all. Every bit. Condiments, spices, whatever. Every calorie counts. I don't know how people aren't logging ketchup. Seriously. It adds up.
  • ValGogo
    Options

I've been eyeballing that Montreal Steak Seasoning at the supermarket. It's good, huh? I think I will get some.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Hell yes I log my condiments, they need to be accounted for. I just don't always log spices. But ketchup has calories, carbs and salt why not log them?
  • lLionMindl
    lLionMindl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If it has calories... Log it.
  • LBoughton1
    LBoughton1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I log them all. I would definitely log ketchup, as it is high in sugar and sodium.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    ketchup is high salt. and yes I log every single thing i put in my mouth. small stuff can add up fast.

Yes same. I actually only paid attention to the sodium in ketchup today! I never realised how high it was as I'm not usually over on sodium so don't think about it.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Yup. I log everything, even spices.
  • crybick
    crybick Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do. The only things I don't are lemon/lime juice in my seltzer water and Orbit gum (usually I only chew that when I'm about to play clarinet and I didn't have an opportunity to brush my teeth beforehand).
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I log everything.
  • Whalers81
    Whalers81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Condiments, yes. Dry spices, no.