I think my mother is trying to stop me from losing weight

Options
13»

Replies

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I know it is tempting and you don't want to offend her but if you don't want to eat it, don't. Eat something else instead. There is a carrot cake in my refrigerator that is calling me but I am ignoring it. I am not saying it is easy, it isn't. I don't know that you should be dieting but if you want to avoid junkfood you can.
  • cristacoyote
    cristacoyote Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think everyone here is forgetting how hard temptation is when you favorite snacks are in the house. My boyfriend used to do the same thing, every time I would lose a few pounds he thought it would be a good idea to buy chocolate and nachos (not that he eats them). Whether you are 6 or 66, temptation is hard. People around us have a difficult time dealing with change and for different reasons. Sometimes they are insecure, sometimes jealous, etc. Maybe having a heart to heart with your mom and letting her know that this is very important to you and you would appreciate her support would work. I told my boyfriend if I came home to one more time to pizza and chips waiting for me he was moving out, it seemed to work.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    25 years old why not move out and stop depending on your mom to buy you anything? Isn't it about time to grow up and start standing on your own as adult??? Also accept the personal responsibility on what you choose to eat.

Wow, Judgy McJudgeson.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    my mother does the same thing to me, and I am 43 years old and do not live with her. she buys things that we do not eat (cookies, cakes, breads, etc.) even though she knows that we eat gluten-free and healthy in our home. I would fight her but then decided to just throw everything out after she leaves. it does no good to argue. from where I've been and what I've seen, it does nothing but upset YOU.