Active Date Ideas?

Options
My husband and I have an 18 month old daughter who is the most active little human ever born! When we get a day or night to ourselves we usually end up bumming around the house watching netflix or go out for dinner & drinks. My husband has never struggled with his weight, he's very tall and lanky and has a crazy fast metabolism, so he doesn't "need" to exercise but he is fairly athletic. I was thinking it would be fun to switch it up and do something active together. I'm an embarassingly bad bike rider, and the only other thing I can think of is hiking.

Does anyone have any creative date ideas that will get us moving?....not like that

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Active date? sex club.

Maybe a persistence hunt, it's almost deer season.

10km "fun run"

Walk to brunch, the next town over
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Pop to a local climbing wall (if you have one nearby) and do a introduction thing?
    Or maybe any sport neither of you does much, We've just had a trampolining place open near us, it's a massive warehouse full of trampolines, great fun (yes even for us adults)
  • PAtinCO
    PAtinCO Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A night out dancing?
  • chickeyumass
    chickeyumass Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try your local bowling alley on a weekend evening. Rock and bowl is everywhere now.
  • dmarsh1018
    dmarsh1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Mini golf, driving range, amusement park, rollerskating, skiing/snowboarding, sledding, ballroom dance lessons, country line dancing, surfing lessons.

I feel like those are some good suggestions although I haven't done any of them! Time to start taking my own advice.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You could volunteer. Whether it's working in a local soup kitchen, helping a senior who needs extra help cleaning his yard, or building a house for Habitat for Humanity, you can turn your date into an active time that does some good.

Go dancing. It doesn't matter if you turn up the tunes at home or hit a local dance club to get your groove on.

Play a sport. Hone in on your competitive side and challenge your date to a round of golf (even the miniature kind counts), or hit the volleyball or basketball court. Any sport will do and is sure to be a good time.

Active game night. Board games like Scrabble and Monopoly are fun, but sedentary. Swap out inactive games for more active ones like those on the Nintendo Wii or Twister. You'll be having so much fun that you'll forget that you're being active, too!

Laser tag. :D

Take a workout class. Why not move your date to a health club and take a group exercise class? Try yoga, cycling, or even boot camp and get your workout and your date all in one!

Plant trees. If you and the hubs are nature lovers, set out to plant a tree or two on your date. Whether it's at a park, at your house or somewhere else, it's a unique date idea!

Go skating.Strap on skates for a fun, active date! Be it at the roller rink or at the ice skating rink, you're sure to have a rolling good time.

Go fishing. This is another date for the outdoor folks! Grab your fishing poles and bait and visit a local lake for a quiet date of fishing. Instead of just sitting there waiting for a fish to bite your bobber, try fly fishing, which gets you on your feet and involves casting your line into the water repeatedly.

Play bar games. Be it darts, billiards or shuffle board, go to a local sports bar for your next date. These games are fun without being too intimidating or competitive. Just be sure to avoid the high-calorie drinks and eats!
  • R2Detoo
    R2Detoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What I do is use "groupon.com" in the "things to do" section.

I don't actually buy the deals, but it at least helps me see what's in my neighborhood. Last time I used it I found a kick-boxing class, paintball, and a trampoline class (I ended up doing kick-boxing but I regret not checking out the trampoline class).
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Rock climbing. My BF does it during the week and the weekends I visit we do it together. I have even seen a couple go with their infant. They parents took turns bouldering. That baby was so well behaved! while Mom was climbing, baby slept on dad's forearm. And when it was awake it sat up on the mats and played with a toy of some sort.

IF it sounds interesting to you, you could find a local gym, boulder during the week, taking turns watching the baby, and top rope on your date nights.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    Pop to a local climbing wall (if you have one nearby) and do a introduction thing?

This is what I was going to suggest :) It's fun, active and if you are one another's belayers it can be a good trust-building activity too lol
  • MamaNatalie13
    Options
    Everyone has awesome ideas!! Thank you!!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    We are going Horse Back Riding next month :)
    Its actually a pretty good workout from what I hear.
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    How about one of those urban adventure/scavenger hunt kind of things?

Examples:

http://www.urbanadventurequest.com/

http://greaturbanrace.com/
  • GoLizB
    GoLizB Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    DH and I will do "happy hour" at our gym, either a weights workout or a spin class, and then go out to dinner afterward (I always make better choices at dinner if I workout before it!) Our gym offers childcare...

Ballroom dance is a fun suggestion. We did that and loved it.
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Skyzone!