whats the best alcholic drink

Options
i really need help! im going down town tonight whats the best alcholic drink to have? i no alchopops are really bad, but what drinks are lowest in cals and fat. i really want to go but a part of me is saying dont because of extra calls!

Replies

• lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    The obvious one is no alcohol at all :( but thats no fun lol, I have been told if you are gonna drink the best is something like Vodka and tonic/diet coke/diet lemonade as no/low carbs. You could just out of interest add to the drinks section of your food diary and see what the results are then delete.
  • cupcake502
    Options
    thats a very good idea, i do that with my food sometimes why i didnt think about it for alchol i do not no! ! haha thank you
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Very few drinks have fat in them (other than cream liquors like Bailys) The lowest cal drinks would be clear spirits with diet sods or soda water
  • bradrockell
    Options
    I go for gin and slim tonic or vodka and Diet Coke. You get your alcohol without the guilt!
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Personally, I do tequila shots. Straight up. Stay away from sweet liquors and beer. As hard alcohol goes, vodka, whisky, and tequila are the lowest in calories (from what I've found). If you need to mix or chase it-diet soda. have fun! :drinker:
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    okay...... no lager, beer :(, no wine :(, but a spirit straight gulps nervously...... or with a no cal mixer is your best option, g&t, whisky, vodka n whatever but 0 cals - the cals arent the full story tho with alcohol you can stay within your cal limit and still knock your weight loss off track tho ...... if i have a bit of a bender weight loss is a no hoper even if I stay within my calorie limit......pi@@er
  • blondie1238
    Options
    I go for gin and slim tonic or vodka and Diet Coke. You get your alcohol without the guilt!

I concur with this :smile: Vodka/diet coke is my drink of choice!
  • blondie1238
    Options
    :love: But if I'm only going to have a drink or 2, I have to have a Bud Light
  • rfalce
    rfalce Posts: 11
    Options
    Do an extra hour of cardio and use the calories to have whatever you want! ;)