Another I'm not losing whine

Options
Just want to vent my frustration. I literally weigh and measure everything I eat. Right down to the tablespoon of light mayo. I drink about 100 ounces of water a day. I exercise 5-6 days a week. Same weight for two straight weeks. I know 2 weeks isn't a ton of time .. but I am not small. I am 240 pounds for heavens sake. I burn about 250-300 calories .. I use an HRM. I'm annoyed. This morning I was up 1.2 pounds! WTF.

Thanks for letting me whine. =(

Replies

• Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are eating too little? Or, Maybe you need to restart your metabolism by overeating a bit. There are lots of threads on things like that here --- plateau etc. Good luck!
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Two weeks =/= plateau. If you know you're counting right, be patient and eventually the loss trend will be visible through the random fluctuation once more.
  • Lindzpnc
    Lindzpnc Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are eating too little? Or, Maybe you need to restart your metabolism by overeating a bit. There are lots of threads on things like that here --- plateau etc. Good luck!

ok I know it goes against all your work and thought process so far but I know when im like that over two weeks I have a maintenance (go over) day...

that means I eat at maintenance that day allow myself the extra calories and somehow a few days later im back down

don't know why but almost guaranteed it shoots me out of my funk
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Is it coming up to "that time"? Your weight can fluctuate up to 8-10 lbs during that time (TOM).
    Also, if I can suggest it, actually WEIGH your food DONT measure it.

using the actual weight in ounces and grams is 100% more accurate than measuring. As an example,. a bag of chips states that 36 chips or 14 grams is a serving... but I gurantee you if you weigh 36 chips, it WONT actually weigh the 14 grams it says it should (just an example).

as for a plateau in general - if it isn't TOM coming, then it could just be normal. Some people plateau for weeks. The general advice I notice here is if it lasts more than 6 weeks, then to relook at your numbers as something must be off. Either the calories you are burning is wrong, or the calories you are eating / portions are off... if not that, it could be Thyroid issues...
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    do you measure the mayo, or weigh it? should be weighed. that said, what about the other side of the coin, maybe your are burning more than you think you are, maybe your BMR is lower than MFP or TDEE calculator calculated for you, could be a hormonal issue.

over such a short period of time it is probably hydration levels
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thanks all .. I had blood work done today and I asked him to throw the thyroid on there just to see. I'm sure its fine .. but .. lol

I know I am being impatient. It is frustrating. I am not small .. did I mention that? lol It shouldn't be this hard right now! I am 100 pounds overweight! I will change from measuring to weighing .. I typically go under the line measurement on the cups and measuring spoons. But just to see if there is a difference in the two.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    As long as you're measuring accurately, the weight will come off. Just be patient.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    It's a really long road. If you're going to make it, you're going to need more patience!

If you go two more weeks, drop your calories by 100 and see how that works.

Hang in there.

Good luck.
  • asimonep
    asimonep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Last month, I didn't lose a pound for TWENTY THREE DAYS!!! I was so mad, but I just kept plugging away, and eventually I started losing again. Also, during those 23 days, I would fluctuate by as much as 2 pounds in 24 hours. So weird. Anyway, I feel your pain. Just hang in there :)
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Do your clothes fit any differently?
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options

ok I know it goes against all your work and thought process so far but I know when im like that over two weeks I have a maintenance (go over) day...

that means I eat at maintenance that day allow myself the extra calories and somehow a few days later im back down

don't know why but almost guaranteed it shoots me out of my funk

This. I was having the same problem so I began trying to hit my deficit during the week so I can relax a little on the weekends and it seems to be working. Just hang in there... 2 weeks isn't very long... are you taking your measurements? My body weight fluctuates like crazy so I try to just concentrate on how my clothes fit/measurements. Good luck!
  • barronsm43
    barronsm43 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've been stuck for so long that I quit using the food diary and quit exercising but I'm back! Gained weight while I was on vacation but we've got to stick with it!! If we keep watching what we eat and keep exercising the weight has got to come off!!! Don't quit. Change your patterns and try to figure out what is happening with your body chemistry.:drinker:
  • Sendyk
    Sendyk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I first re-started a few months ago (without MFP), I lost about 9 lbs by changing things in my diet. After I added exercise, I didn't lose anything for a whole month. However, I noticed that my body changed in a very positive way. I was stronger (more push-ups), had more energy (no more grogginess) and my thighs, calves and arms were definitely toner. If you noticed similar changes, then maybe you should try measuring yourself and and see if you've lost inches. Good luck!
  • Jennifer10723
    Options

I love the Powell Pack!!! I am actually doing the DietBet with Bruce Pitcher right now! Which is another reason I am frustrated because I only have 14 more days to lose 3 pounds and I am stuck!

Do my clothes fit different . .I FREAKING WISH! I think I am losing it all from my hands and my feet. My rings don't fit and my shoes are getting loose. Which annoys me too!
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    AND! I have lost 1 inch from my stomach since June. 1. I measure my chest, upper waist, waist and hips.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    How stable was your weight before you started trying to lose? Most people fluctuate over a range of pounds normally, but they don't realize it. All of a sudden, when you start monitoring your weight, it looks like it's jumping all of the place, when in reality it was doing that the whole time.
  • Jennifer10723
    Options
    How stable was your weight before you started trying to lose? Most people fluctuate over a range of pounds normally, but they don't realize it. All of a sudden, when you start monitoring your weight, it looks like it's jumping all of the place, when in reality it was doing that the whole time.

Yeah .. I never really paid attention. Weighing myself was not really very fun.

I will be more patient. grrrrrrrrrr. I don't want to be. But I will. Again, thanks all.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Have you added new exercises to your workouts recently?

ETA: And sodium...what is your sodium intake like? Too much for me and I blow up like a balloon...
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Yeah .. I never really paid attention. Weighing myself was not really very fun.

I will be more patient. grrrrrrrrrr. I don't want to be. But I will. Again, thanks all.
    Give it some time, and you'll figure out your normal fluctuations. You'll still be frustrated when you see the scale go up, but it won't be PANIC TIME anymore. Keep doing what you're doing, and just ride it out.