NSV-I about died

Options
Krecob
Krecob Posts: 86 Member
OK, so I guess I have an NSV... still trying to figure out what that means. (New Sweet View, Nice Sexy Vibe? I don't know) Here is what happened that made me ecstatic.

A little over a year ago I started my journey of weight loss and healthy living. I was in a size 12 and I am barley over 5 feet, if that paints a good picture for ya. After losing 25lbs I was still wearing the same clothes I started my journey in, if you can imagine I was having some issues, not with keeping clothes on because I naturally have wider hips, but just how they looked on me it wasn't super cute. So I decided I have finally lost enough that I can reward myself and not worry about wasting money on something that may not fit in a month. So I went to the lovely mall that I have stayed clear of for a long while now and grabbed a decent amount of pants to try on. Now I knew I lost weight so I didn't go for the size 12 pants, instead I went and grabbed size 7 thinking for sure I can squeeze in these by now I HAVE TO! (At this point I was going through this issue where I don't see the weight I had lost, to me I look the same as I did a year ago)

So I go into the fitting room and start the process, pant shopping is the worst in my opinion. As I slip my legs into the size 7 and pull them up to my waist there was no squeezing, jumping or screaming..... You know what there was? CONFUSION .... that's what there was, these pants were falling off me! WHAT?! I double, triple check the size. Yep it says 7 HUH.... at this point my eyes are tearing. I am so unbelievably happy but then I felt this weird lost feeling, I at this point in time have no idea what size I am and I am sitting in a fitting room full of pants that aren't going to fit! I peek out the door and make eye contact with an employee, who sees my distraught facial expressions and she quickly hurries over "is everything fitting all right?" I open the door to show her and her response " Oh honey, no no no what size are those?" I answer "size 7, they are all size 7" She quickly says don't worry ill be back with some size 3's "WHAT no no no" I say, "I am not a size 3 never have been" She smiles and walks away and not one minute later she hands me a pair of pants that are a size 3 and tells me to try them on. So I oblige, and guess what....... THEY FIT * happy dance

Thank you all for the encouragement and tips, I don't think I could have done it without MFP friends!

Replies

• charmarbobar
    charmarbobar Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great NSV!! That must have been fantastic - you deserve the new stuff for sure!

NSV = non-scale victory :)
  • cattitude123
    cattitude123 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congrats on that awesome NSV!!
  • MistyHiker
    MistyHiker Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!!

Having smaller pants fit - a great NSV!!
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!.....And you may have been in the Juniors section, because if you are in the USA then odd numbers=Juniors.

Either way, a size 7 Juniors is NOWHERE NEAR a size 12 womens so grats!
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing!! Congrats on your NSV! I probably would have been crying like a baby if I could suddenly fit into 3s.
  • Krecob
    Options
    :) thank you!
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!!!!!
  • purplenurse711
    purplenurse711 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What a great NSV moment!!! I can feel your excitement!
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    *NSV* = None Scale Victory, and boy did you have one! That is awesome! Congrats to you!
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!! What an exciting moment!!! :))
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    LOL, you're a 3 and were still wearing size 12 clothing?

I'm picturing that with great amusement. Of course you can't see your weight loss.........

Hopefully you don't look like a bag lady now :):)

Congrats!
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a fantastic NSV ! Congrats
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Krecob
    Options
    Ha Thanks! @Anna It was an interesting site to see! I would wear dresses frequently to avoid the issue.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Such a funny write-up. Well done you
  • Fit2BeFly
    Fit2BeFly Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Happy Dance!! woohoo!! Way to go! That is awesome!!
  • BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :D

(That sales associate sounded like a sweetheart, too.)
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    SO awesome! Congrats to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!